“Playa del Este - Marvelous Staff, Beautiful Grounds, Rooms need some upgrades.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa del Este Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salybia
Playa del Este Resort
You added Playa del Este Resort to your Saves list
13 3/4 Mile Post | Toco Main Road, Salybia, Trinidad   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
Napa Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for a short weekend trip in October with 2 kids. What more can I say about the staff except marvelous.....they accomodated EVERY need and were always pleasant whenever they met you! They really made you feel welcome and I saw this with everyone we encountered there and with everyone the staff members encountered. It sure made the stay excellent. The food was DELICIOUS!!!! THe cook is fantastic. THe fry bake for breakfast is out of this world! Dinner could be a bit earlier especially with the kids - they were too tired to wait for dinner @ 7pm but wouldn't you know it - the staff brought the food to the room!!! Just excellent these folks!!!!
The location is breathtaking - the views are spectacular - straight out of an ad for a Caribbean vacation. I LOVE the hammocks they have everwhere especially the ones right in front of the ocean!!! It's also quite peaceful - you could enjoy some great R&R.
Now for the not so great part - there seem to be a bit of flies in the Dining area so a fly zapper would be a great idea. Our room could do with some upgrade. The TV did not work, the water pressure when we showered left a lot to be desired and the windows did not close properly. I must say we did have a better room before this one ut moved since the A/C was leaking. So, Playa del Este perhaps does needs to invest in some room upgrades - most of the guests agreed that some type of cable TV in the room would be nice. For couples this doesn't matter but with small kids, I felt the railings could use some glass or some other transparent material so as to not lose the gorgeous view but still maintain safety as I was always nervous with my little ones going too close to the railing. Would have given 5 stars had it not been for the room and the railings!!!
But with a staff as pleasant as they have and grounds as gorgeous - I would be willing to revisit but I would be picky about the room! Thanks for the great trip Playa del Este!!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ocean, right below the Dining area, appear to be much nicer than the ones furth...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chaguanas, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed there over the last weekend in Sept 2012 and it was absolutely beautiful. As a Trini myself I was left in awe at the amazing customer service all the way from booking to check out. (Thank you Cindy and Sulan).

The place is well maintained with hammocks galore, 3 beautiful clean and well kept pools, amazing food, management and staff going above and beyond to make your stay more than you expected.

This is my new weekend getaway location...

Room Tip: I had an ocean view room and it was perfect...balcony area looking out to the sea.
Chaguanas, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the resort one every year on my Anniversary and each time it gets better...the staff are very polite and friendly...the property is very well maintained, the rooms and pools are clean. The food tastes great!...I really enjoy my stay...thank you to the staff and Management for ensuring each year is a memorable one...looking forward in next year Playa del Este...:)

Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly staff, well maintained huge grounds.......clean pools...Food was great....needed some variety/adequate portions.....But generally I think the best all inclusive resort in Trinidad.... Also GM did a wonderful job with staff and interaction with guests....... Well done Pat.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I spent a wonderful weekend at this resort. It was really breathtaking and very relaxing. The best part was that it was an all-inclusive resort – with scrumptious mouthwatering local dishes, which we all enjoyed, with adequate portions. As for the staff at Playa del Este we could not have had a friendlier and very courteous staff. Over all, this resort was just flawless. Great job you guys keep it up!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We spent our 14yr Anniversary at Playa, and I must say it was very relaxing, I love the fact that it's an all inclusive resort, the meals were excellent and very tasty "hats off to the chef". My 5 yr old son had a fun time choosing which pool he wants to swim in lol. I also love that there were many different areas that you can relax or just take out pictures. The staff was also very pleasant and friendly keep it up. One thing I wished is to upgrade with cable TV and the poistion of the air condition, so that the whole room could be cold instead of one area, but overall it was time and money well spent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently had a marriage retreat at Playa del Este. The resort is well maintained and kept beautiful. I love that there are many different places on the resort you could relax without being disturbed. Its a real sanctuary, great views of the ocean, hammocks, benches perfectly located about the property. Meals were delicious and always served on time. But the best part of this review has to go to the hardworking, courteous staff at the Resort. I only wish there was Cable TV in the rooms, but they provide you with dvds and games at the Front Desk if you need some entertainment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#8 of 24 in Port of Spain
3.5 of 5 stars 238 reviews

Been to Playa del Este Resort? Share your experiences!