“Go and experience safe landing the local people tevita n family,bill n aggie,simi,soni,pau,bis one lovely family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Safe Landing Resort

You added Safe Landing Resort to your Saves list
Safe Landing Resort
Nacula Island, Fiji   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The resort is lovely location perfect the local people truely amazing allways a great time twice there this year.have been coming for over 20years now.only 3 bures on western side have no hot water.i think all bures should have a safety light it .all the life jackets need to checked as most are damaged and it should be made compulsory to wear when transfering from yasawa flyer to island as sometimes boats are over crowed on when on fishing trips etc.vinaka

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was there in October 2012, and booked for 5 nights. The hotel was pretty much empty. Only 3 couple, and me. The place looks old, and really needed to be renovate. The welcoming was nice, but there was something wrong with the atmosphere of that place. I wasn't feeling comfortable at all.
I booked for a girls dorm, and since there was no one, they upgraded me to a bungalow. It was nice of them, BUT the shower didn't work properly, I barely had water, and the toilet was so disgusting. Haven't been cleaned since ages... Landscapes are beautiful though, but it's Fiji, everywhere is beautiful. If you like being with the nature, it's the place to be. But as far as I'm concerned I didn't like it at all. You only have power from 5pm to 10pm. Clearly you can't do anything. I was in my room at 10pm, reading a book and the power went off. So I was in the dark the whole time... trying to sleep..
They charged you 10$ just for a visit to the church... I'd rather give that money to the church itself. The owner, and his mum are not very friendly.

After one night, I decided to get out of this island, so I asked if they could refund me. We were not in the high season, and there was no one in their island anyway. So after debating, the woman who worked there, said that she couldn't completely refund me, only two nights... OK....
Fair enough, it's better than nothing. She also said that she will book my ticket for the ferry so I won't have to pay for it, since I decided to go to Beachcomber island. What a surprise for me when I went in the ferry, and they charged me full price even with the ticket she gave it to me.... They told me that my ticket was just a booking. Morality, they didn't refund me a penny.

It was all about money in this island. Luckily the staff were nice and friendly... I wouldn't recommend that place... It's almost been a year now, hope that they're improved their customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bribie Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Back again and the place is better than ever.
Safe Landing has a top staff with more activities on offer and a real buzz around the place. The staff seem to really have it all together and everything flows so well, from the conch blowing in the morning for breakfast, to the lights out at the end of the day.
I do not quite understand the comment I have just read and note that the writer has never apparently written a review before and I always wonder if this type of review is genuine, never mind, if it is written from a competitor point of view, I guess Safe Landing has VERY little to worry about!
Anyways.... Improvements I found this time around were
* Food is vastly improved. Taste, Variety, Presentation and Quantity
* Many more activities
* Beautiful Massage Area
* Lovely Fiji Singing @ Dinner
There are quite a few different staff this time around, mostly from the Village which is great, but also some who have travelled some distance to work at Safe Landing. Notably the most wonderful Fiji Couple I have ever met, who travelled from an Island of the East Coast of Viti Levu... Bill who sees to the running of the place and does so with a very respectable nature and a firm grip on what is happening with the guests - and his lovely wife Aggie who is running the Office and has a beautiful caring nature about her, whilst getting to grips with all the office procedures.
Bill in the Kitchen is a hoot (peanut gallery), Sonny loves to perform for the guests (no, Sonny - I definitely wont be touching your papaya), Simi is a wonderful spiritual and enthusiastic activities guy, the ladies in F&B and Housekeeping are fab, old and new, groundstaff are ever helpful and warm.........
It was interesting that whilst I was there, a young lady from UK was also there. She is a pastry chef and treated us all to a home cooked coconut cake for breakfast. How fantastic that Bill is open enough to allow guests to use such talents (and teach staff new tricks) like this. That is the kind of thing that a smaller holiday place can do. FLEXIBILITY. Brilliant Stuff.
I thoroughly recommend Cookery Class with the talented Simi. We all learnt something new here and I have the recipe for the Spanish Mackeral (freshly caught in the waters here the day we used it) embedded in my head, so simple and so tasty.
The Blue Lagoon trip was a not-to-miss as always, Nemo was Found as were so many colourful fish, including Parrot Fish. The Caves, Safe Landing is so near to them, so I guess the cheaper price from Safe Landing reflects that not so much petrol needs to be used to get there.... I could go on, there is so much going for this place, more than before.
Back for a 5th time? Me? YOU BETCHA - see you next May!

Room Tip: B1 B2 B3 offer the best but all the rooms offer value for money. Solar Power takes the edge off of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

There should be a night light in every room at night for emergency some people have spiecal l needs age .plus most of the fire extinguishers there are well over due for a service or replacement..there should be a kava ceremony every night for all to experience the true traditional fijian way.plus the boats should have upto date safety and all passengers should wear safety vest this should be compulsory when in these little boats.the fijian people run the resort well allways polite n helpful.management should look in on these safety issues before somethings happens.vinaka

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much to the team at Safe Landing. We had a fantastic time as did all of the other guests we met there. The resort is beautifully set out with the bures along the beachfront and lots of available hammocks to laze away a few hours. There are lots of activities available and of the paid activities the blue lagoon snorkeling and the cave trip are worth a look. The food was great, definately the best we had on the islands and the breakfast was awesome (cereals, bread, fresh fruit, pancakes and home made donuts that people couldn't get enough of). The best thing about the resort is the people, they really made us feel like locals. A huge thank you to Sonny, we hope to see you again. We hope to return again and maybe eventually turn into Trevors and stay for 3 months a year. Thanks again

Jack& Gemma

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Don't be put off by the bad reviews. The bures and dining area are pretty basic but the location and scenery is spectacular! The owners David and David and their staff go out of their way to look after you. Other reviews here bag the food but I thought it was quite good. They don't seem to use any chilli here so if you're like me and like it hot, do as I did and bring your own. The best thing about this place is the laid back atmosphere. Chocolate is expensive here as with the rest of Fiji. So bring some from home for the local kids. They are adorable and you'll win their hearts! I regret not doing the cave tour but had a ball on the boat, fishing and sightseeing with Sete and David. Thanks again guys. I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gisborne, Gisborne, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I find it hard to categorise Safe Landing Resort. The closest I get is that it's like a comfortable eco Resort: Minimal generator use, solar showers, local produce whenever possible. Lay back, go with the flow and just enjoy this place and those addictive hammocks!

The real positives (for us) were:
1. that it is set on a sort of headland and the bures have a lovely sandy beach, with excellent swimming when the tide's in and excellent snorkelling when it's out. The communal dining area looks out over another bay - glorious scenery and sunsets.
2. that the generator is only run for a couple of hours in the middle of the day and then in the evening from about 6pm to about 11pm - or whenever people retire for the night. This means that you can enjoy the peace, particularly at night, which is a real plus (but take a torch!), and
3. that the staff are real people - mainly from the adjacent village, but with a couple of "ring-ins" from Taveuni. Their warmth is genuine, as are their smiles and they are very helpful in organising whatever you want to do.
4. that it's a bit quirky - we like that. Hey, it's Fiji, it's an island in the middle of the tropical Pacific Ocean and things don't always go to plan, but the rooms are clean, tidy and watertight, the food was generally good and tasty with a bit of local flavour - sometimes really delicious, occasionally a bit rugged, (but no-one got sick!) and the beer's cold. There's lots to do if you want, both free and paid activities, and there are plenty of hammocks if you don't.
5. that the manager's a real person too. He works with the staff and dresses the same as they do. Like all Australian's he's not perfect, but he is very hospitable and is working hard behind the scenes to make your holiday as enjoyable as he can.
6. that the fishing is good. We're not fishers, but one family was and they shared to spoils with the kitchen and the village, so the rest of us benefited from that as well.
7. that 5 mins (slow) walk down the beach is the (rightfully) world famous tea and cake stall run by the local kindergarten teacher. What more can I say???

We were there for 6 nights. On arrival, I wondered if we'd made the right choice in booking for that long. It's an out-of-the-way-spot, the standard room was smaller than expected (but quite adequate as it turned out) and we did nickname the shower "the black hole of Calcutta" (although it was clean and good,it had no window), but by the end it was hard to say farewell and return to the mainland and NZ. We met heaps of really interesting young people (we had 30 to 40 years on most of them!) from all over, most of whom were happy to chat with us over meals and during the optional (apart from the Bula Dance!) nightly activities. Like all things in life, the Resort isn't perfect, but for us it was indeed a Safe and Happy Landing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Safe Landing Resort? Share your experiences!