“I am so in love with this place, the beach, the atmosphere, the food, the beautiful fijiians.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Lagoon Beach Resort

You added Blue Lagoon Beach Resort to your Saves list
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nalova Bay, Fiji   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

BlueI lagoon resort is everthing and more that you could want from a holiday. This is my 3rd trip to Fiji and I have stayed at the ultra expensive Turtle Island not too far away and this place has left a far greater impression on me. For a start the beach is to die for. A massive blue lagoon that resembles a pool of every blue you can imagine that you can swim in at all tides. The most incredible reef is right at the beach and the snorkelling is magnificent. Combine this with superb food that is plentiful, fresh and tasty, stacks of exciting activities ( my favourite was the cave trip and the mt peak walk which I did twice) and the most beautiful, friendly and happy people that make this place what it is, the local Fijiians. It is hard to describe the feeling that the locals leave on you but they give it an authentic, relaxing, family vibe.
This place has more of a relaxed, down to earth feel about it which really appeals to me and the value for money is incredible. I had 9 of the best days of any holiday I have ever had and I have not stopped thinking about it since returning home. I cannot wait to return and I have to say I considered not writing a review because I wanted to be selfish and keep this little gem to myself.
The few people that have had minor negative things to say are really grasping at straws. You can have what you like for breakfast. Yes it is continental but you can have the big fry up too. They have thought of everything at Blue Lagoon to make everyone,s stay special. There was one couple celebrating a 60th privately at a table on the beach but after about half an hour they missed the company of everyone in the restaurant and returned with their cake for everyone to share. That,s the nature of this place. The Managers Kylie and Chris has done an incredible job in such a short space of time and you have to remember that all the staff are from the local village and didn,t even know what a gin and tonic was let alone what type of glass champagne was served in. It is a credit to them and I thank them and their beautiful staff for making my holiday so memorable. Hope to be back there very soon. Thankyou to beautiful Luke, Vatilli, Big and Little Modgy, Semmy ( for all the lattes and the kava), Saba and Maria. Miss my beautiful Fijiian friends.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

There are many amazing things about this resort...it's stunning, the water is various shades of aqua, the reef is just off the beach. You can snorkel everyday and barely leave your beach chair. It's a place like no other. You feel a bit part of a "family" while you're there. The optional activities are appealing and the ones we did were great. There is some kind of optional event every evening (crab racing, movie on the beach, etc) which creates a unique and lovable atmosphere.
However, you've got to love the place for what it is. Know what to expect. It is not a romantic escape nor does it provide you with many options for anything. Our garden villa was adequate but the bed was nothing special and the linen was much like a hostel. Our villa was the only one without an outdoor bathroom and ours had seen better days. Make sure you get the outdoor bathroom!
All meals are communal (tables of 8). Breakfast is a very simple continental. You've got a few options for lunch (although they are the same everyday). Dinner is served with only one option. If you don't like what they're serving, there is nothing else to eat. There is nothing provided outside of meals (in the meal plan). Snacks for purchase are very very limited. Oh and the fridge doesn't keep the beer (or anything else for that matter) cold enough. In fact, they will hand you a warm beer unless you object. And they definitely need to invest in a new blender because the current one doesn't do the job. No ice cold drinks here. Espresso drinks are available but it's taken as an annoying request by most staff. Don't expect service to your beach chair. Ice cream would be a nice addition :)
In terms of transport to the island, we took the seaplane (Turtle Airways) which we would HIGHLY recommend. It saves you heaps of time (well worth the expense) and you get a chance to see Fiji from the sky! Absolutely amazing.
There are so many amazing reviews about this place and so we had high expectations which weren't quite met. This place is special in it's own way. If the management improved on some of the above things I think it could become spectacular.

Barwon Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

My adult daughter and I chose Blue Lagoon Resort based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. It was everything we had hoped for and more! The pristine beach and snorkelling right off the shore line was amazing. The food was delicious and catered for all dietary requirements (not that we had any) and serving sizes very generous. There is a good variety of activities which caters for all ages and degrees of energy/fitness and you can always find a nice quiet spot to chill out with a book on a hammock, bean bag or under a shady tree if that is what you feel like. The Fijian staff were incredibly friendly and lots of fun. Fijian Meke night was a highlight for me with local villagers performing in their traditional dress followed by a feast 'lovo style'. We chose a deluxe garden villa and the room was simple, spacious and comfortable with overhead fans. The outdoor shower was a treat! Although we didnt have any young children with us on this trip, we would definitely recommend it for young families. The beach is so safe and from observing the children who were there and how much fun they had and how well they were catered for, I am recommending it to my other children to take their children. There is no need for a pool when there is a giant blue natural pool full of colourful fish right at your doorstep. I cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed September 2010
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed in 6 different places in the Yasawas. Blue Lagoon Resort was my absolute favorite of them all.

The beach is gorgeous with soft, white sand and the reef with beautiful coral and lots of fish is right in front of you. This is one of the few places where you can swim and snorkel at all tides, which was very important to us.

The resort is incredible. We stayed at a deluxe garden villa with an outdoor bathroom. There was a roof over the sink and the toilet, while the hot shower with the big showerhead was absolutely open air. When we were inside our bure, I spent a lot of time in this beautiful bathroom. Just couldn't get enough of it. The bure was beautifully decorated with tasteful colors and in the simple Fijian style. There was an armoir with plenty of space for clothing and luggage. The bed was very comfortable.

And the food was sooo good. There was even ham on the breakfast buffet. Great dishes to choose from at lunch and always a nice surprise for dinner like an Indian curry buffet or something else interesting. Great deserts, too.

I enjoyed the bar a lot. The whole bar area just had the right size, not too big and not too small. Great for meeting other people.

The Kiwi managers/owners Chris and Kylie are both such delightful people. Chris is a great coordinator, and we had so much fun with the after dinner evening entertainment. The staff is so friendly and helpful, too.

Unfortunately, we had only booked for 3 nights. I could have stayed forever at this magical South Pacific paradise. Book very early, because this place is always booked. The word must have gotten out just how great this resort is. Can't wait to go back.

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've been there for 7 nights, and it was a amazing time! I'm a backpacker and stayed in the dorm room with AC.
The food was really great (much greetings to the cookers couple :-)) The beach was the best beach where I've ever been. Please have a walk on low tide to the sandbank! The austalian family and the full stuff team were always very friendly. If I come back to the Fiji Island, I'm dead certain that I would go to this place again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

This was a beautiful spot for a beach resort in the Yasawa Islands...no doubt about it. Mostly well-managed and "Cruise-Directored" by resident Kiwis, it had all the bells and whistles you'd expect of a resort that could be anywhere in the world. In other words, you didn't even know you were in Fiji. My main complaint must be expressed through "praising with faint grips." To my taste the owner/operators were quite smug in their expectations that they had created the "highlight" of the Islands. My comments they were not even interested in as they had no feedback form nor comment box. They encourage water conservation and then hook up the hot water to the wrong side of the control so you run the water til it gets hot which, of course, it never does. I have been to several Fiji/Other Islands in the South Pacific and this place definitely has the worse fly and insect problem I have encountered. And the Baked Veal was nearly inedible. Baked Veal in Fiji????.....I hope you get my point. Go to a local-run "resort" like Waya Lailai....at least you'll know what culture you are actually visiting.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Don't let the 5 hour ferry ride put you off, it's worth every minute.
Absolutely unbelievable, can't rate this highly enough, would move there in a heartbeat, need we say more?

I actually cried when I left.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!