“Wow blown away by the flavor” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Kohtla
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Perched on a clifftop overlooking the sea, the two rooms of our romantic restaurant are perfect for receptions, family events, celebrations and wedding receptions. A new restaurant is also situated in the basement of the Saka Guesthouse - a cosy dining room with arched ceilings with seating for 50. Next to this is the Small Hall, which is perfect for get-togethers ranging from birthday parties to business lunches and special occasions for two. This room will seat up to 15 people. In summer you can enjoy our menu on the manor's terrace.
“Wow blown away by the flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I ate in this restaurant 3 of the 4 night I stayed at Saka. I was impressed each night with the beautiful presentation of the dishes and the layers of favors. A good example was the night I had duck it was so tender and flavorful but when I had ordered it my boss stated oh duck I had it once and made a little face, my meal came and he gaped at the appealing plate, I shared a piece with him a couple nights later he ordered it for himself and it did not disappoint. I could rave on and on about this restaurant and it's food every morsel I placed in my mouth was a treat.

Visited February 2014

Chestertown, Maryland
“Good food, Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I dined here twice during my visit to KohltaJarve and was pleased with the results. This is a small but fine dining restaurant at the Saka Cliff resort. I had the beef one night and chicken the next. The presentation is first class although the taste is just okay. For the price, I felt it was good value. Service was very good and friendly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best place to eat in East-Virumaa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The place is mainly a hotel or a small SPA-resort. We went there to stay for one night with family. While there we decided to dine at the restaurant in the cellar of the main house.
The restaurant was surprisingly good. Especially good and fresh were the salads. It is more expensive as the eating-places nearby, but you will get more than you are usually getting for the same money in Estonia. So afterall I woul call the place cheap.
This is the only place that offers such a high quality in the radius of 60 km.
I highly recoomend it

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johvi, Estonia
“Restaurant in manor cellar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Maybe best food in Jõhvi area. A bit expensive (compared to other restaurants but cheap compared to Tallinn prices). Try võikalacarpaccio - I have had it couple of times and it has been superb to any scale.
Spare some time before going to eat and walk on sea side cliffs admiring sun dropping into sea.
Hotel-Spa is also good.

Visited August 2012
Tampere
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Quality food with reasonable price. Nice athmosphere in an old manor house.