We stayed 14 nights and had a great time! As we read some feedback of other guests we knew what to expect.
As many before stated there is a ventilator in each room, but no airco. This was for me the only thing that I "missed" as the nights were quit warm too. We had our own fridge in our room, not all rooms have, so that was great. But if you don't have one in your room, you can use the big one in the breakfast/livingroom. We had a twinbed room, which was more then enough for the two of us. Daily room cleaning and fresh towels.
Breakfast is quit simple, but for us more then sufficient. We had toast, marmalade, cheese, coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, muesli, milk, fresh fruits and some days eggs and baked bananas.
Bobby and Mary are great! They gave us some good tips and were always helpfull!
The location is great. You can lay in the garden and look over the beach and the ocean. The beach is directly in front, you just have to cross a little road. The busstops for both directions are 1-2 min away. Do take the bus! It's very cheap (5rps/pp) and an experience on it's own. There is a small supermarket to the right (coming from the guesthouse), but even better is Mike's shop. This is a little smaller, but he has many things and Mike is very friendly! (Incl snorkel stuff, watershoes, suncream etc in case you forgotten anything)
On wednesdays there is a little market, but also go there on the other days! There are some locals grilling fresh fish for little money, great food! Do check that the fish is fresh and not laying around for some hours..
There are several "restaurants" closeby. Our favourites were "la Fontaine", simple but tasty food for a good price! "La Plage" great food and directly on the beach, but also quit pricy. There are some more like "boathouse" (only Buffet) and baobab (cheap and bad Pizza) which we can't really recommand.
Unfortunately there is mo real "nightlife", you can go for a drink at the "Savoy" hotel, cocktails are great but also quit pricy (12-15€). Better buy some drinks at Mike's shop and sit outside at ghe guesthouse, great to chat with other guests or to enjoy the evening.
All in all we had a great time and would love to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small family-run bed and breakfast offering budget accommodation in an excellent location directly overlooking Beau Vallon Beach, just 25 metres across a small district road from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Panorama Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Guesthouse Hotel Mahe Island
- Panorama Hotel Mahe Island
- Panorama Guesthouse Seychelles/Mahe Island - Beau Vallon