This place was ok, nothing more. They get away with charging a lot for what's offered (I paid 430 euros to stay for 7 nights) because it's Seychelles, and all accommodation is expensive as it's so sought-after. My bed and room were clean, but there was no air-conditioning (only a noisy fan on the wall diagonally opposite the bed, although it was remote control-operated which was useful), breakfast was very basic and more akin to what you'd get in a hostel, and the chambermaid(s) had a habit of moving things around in the room when they came to clean, which I didn't like. To get hot water in the shower, you had to flick a switch above the shower curtain, but on the first day, when I stood on the step to the shower, and held onto the shower curtain rail to steady myself, the rail came down in my hands. I could see that it hadn't been fixed in, it was just 'balancing' neatly on the tile grooves.
I didn't feel too safe at night, as all rooms open to the outdoors. There was a main gate to the property which was locked at night, but as I say, I didn't feel very safe, as the doors were like bedroom doors, so I put a chair against the door at night.
However, the location is perfect, right opposite the beach, in the heart of Beau Vallon and round the corner from the bus stop into Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small family-run bed and breakfast offering budget accommodation in an excellent location directly overlooking Beau Vallon Beach, just 25 metres across a small district road from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Panorama Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Guesthouse Hotel Mahe Island
- Panorama Hotel Mahe Island
- Panorama Guesthouse Seychelles/Mahe Island - Beau Vallon