Romance Bungalows is a good option if you're on a budget in Seychelles. For approx. 100€ / night you get a spacious and clean but fairly basic room, and for a few extra euros you also get a simple breakfast included. The only negative about the room is that the bed was a bit too hard for our liking.
The location is good as it's right next to the Beau Vallon beach. The beach is nothing compared to the most beautiful ones in Seychelles but still quite lovely.
There are a couple of surprisingly good restaurants nearby. Would like to recommend La Plage that's directly on the beach, and La Perle Noire which is a short walk off the beach (ask the hotel for directions). Also the pizzeria across the street (Baobab) serves decent pizzas but their service is awfully slow so be prepared for a LONG wait if you go there.
The staff at Romance Bungalows were super friendly and all smiles. However, the reception hours are limited which was rather annoying a couple of times when we needed a bit of advice and found the reception closed.
If you're heading to Seychelles I wouldn't recommend making Mahe and Romance Bungalows your only destination. There is so much to see and experience on the smaller islands, and so many world-class resorts! So my advice is to book a few days at Romance and then venture further into the Seychellois paradise. At least for us that was the perfect choice.
- Also Known As:
- Romance Bungalows Hotel Mahe Island
- Romance Bungalows Hotel
- Romance Hotel Mahe Island
- Romance Bungalows Seychelles/Mahe Island - Beau Vallon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romance Bungalows is a small hotel situated in the northern region of Mahé, set in lush greeneries and beautiful gardens with mountain and part sea views.It is centrally located at the famous Beau Vallon beach with nice snorkeling areas, shops, diving, fishing and water-sports centres, bus stops and several restaurants and the possibilities of using the big hotels facilities. Victoria, the Capital is 10 minutes by car and the airport 20 minutes ... more less