We spent a week here over New Year Eve and were spared the 'compulsory surcharge' for the New Year dinner which was pegged at an expensive Euro 110 each as we were on a bed and breakfast tariff. The main dining room is awful, like a school canteen, with bright orange and green steel chairs, very uncomfortable and whilst we were there we got bad weather with wind and rain so the windows were closed and the atmosphere stuffy. Once the windows are folded open you have a great view of the beach and ocean, with fresh air and if they could change the chairs and food and service this could be a fabulous place. The service was very, very slow made worse by a full hotel and it seemed many staff were off and they were understaffed, The rooms are not too bad, althought the air conditioning kept turning off, we stayed in a standard double which had views of the ocean and my kids were in the deluxe which was 2 rooms with an interleading door.
*The hotel is in a prime position right on the beach and it is a beautiful beach with paragliding, jetskiing and wakeboarding next door, and scuba diving to the right.
*There are beach beds from the hotel on the beach and that is nice for comfort.
* Bedroom was clean and bed was ok.
* Staff are very friendly and relaxed.
*The Indian restaurant which is part of the hotel is good, when you eventually get served.
*The swimming pool is nice and it makes for a comfortable stay if you have young kids, alternating between the beach and pool.
*There are some nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, La Perle Noire was good.
*The main restaurant needs an overhaul, it could be so much better, but at the moment it lacks management.
*No drinks or food service from hotel on beach.
*If the weather is bad the water sports are closed and over New Year both the 1st and 2nd of January everything is closed as a public holiday.
*The staff could do with more training, again management.
*There is no taxi rank at the hotel and there were no cars available to hire, so we had to wait ages and ages for a taxi and there were very few 5 seater taxis available.
*Seychelles is very, very expensive for what you get and I would only stay here if you get a very good deal, which then makes the bad points easier to put up with!
*Overall restaurant prices seem very over inflated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel stands out with a completely new hotel concept for the Seychelles: Premium comfort at an affordable price. The islands’ best value-for-money is located at the absolutely best area directly on the most attractive strip of beach in the famous Beau Vallon Bay on the largest of Seychelles' islands, Mahé. Hardly any other hotel has such a beach and ocean view. The 4 star plus hotel has 161 modern and attractively equipped rooms. There are 140 standard rooms, 4 junior suites, 21 deluxe rooms . The original Coral Strand opened in 1972 as one of the first hotels on the Seychelles. The name Coral Strand has always attracted guests with its breath-taking ocean views and fantastic location directly on the white sand beach. The last 40 years have seen a steady stream of return guests. The hotel bar with its live music has established itself as a legendary meeting point for tourists and locals. The original hotel was completely reconstructed and renovated with new design, equipment and contemporary comfort. The service offer was also completely reorganized. With the new name Coral Strand Smart Choice, the hotel now wants to offer the best value-for-money hotel in the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Coral Strand
- Coral Strand Beau Vallon
- Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles Mahe Island - Beau Vallon