“My most favorite mini-vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Vihula Kula, Vihula Vald, Vosu 45402, Estonia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Vosu B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
“My most favorite mini-vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed for 1 night in February with my boyfriend and I can say it was my best hotel experience so far! As we arrived we got carried away by the mystical surroundings of the manor and the beauty of the place.
Our room was situated at the Cattle Barn house, room number 64, and it was excellent. You could immediately sense that the whole manor has been newly renovated. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, so fluffy and soft. We did not want to leave the room :) Everything was neat and clean. The bathroom was luxurious and very well decorated. Very stylish and posh.
The SPA house is just lovely. The staff is so nice, polite and warm, like your family. We both were pleased with our treatments. After your treatments you can just lay around ina warm robe and drink hot and freshly boiled herb tea.
We ate at Kavala Antsu Kõrts because since we are a young couple the main restaurant La Boheme was just a bit too fancy and expensive for us... Kaval Ants has good home-y food, the price and portion relationship is good. Although i was satisfied with the food, my boyfriend said that there could me more choices when it comes to what to eat.
My favorite thing was the Eco-farm with super cute bunnies, lambs and chicken :'))
The only thing I could complain about was the pool. It was not bad, but it's just not that big. It only has a steam sauna and a small pool, but i guess its ideal for families with kids because the pool is not so deep and you can easily keep an eye on your kids!
Breakfast was also delicious, for me there was plenty of choice and quite exquisite and not your typical hotel breakfast.
Overall, i am in love with this magical place where i can just go and forget all my troubles and for one day feel like i'm living a dream! THANK YOU VIHULA MANOR!

Room Tip: I loved our Superior room at the Cattle barn house, number 64.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Even in dark estonian winter, the place is very romantic and beautiful.
We've visited two buildings of the complex and both were well designed and looked very stylish.
Staff is very friendly and helpful as well.

Saint-Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed in the manor for one night in October. This is not best time to visit since most of outdoors activities are closed for this time of year, but still surroundings are nice for walking.
Old manor buildings are turned to very comfortable and cosy accomodation.
SPA treatment should be booked in advance or you will have very limited choice.
When it comes to service the main problem is the reception - usually only one person and queues to chek-in and e.t.c.
The unpleasant experience was that we were given room of a lower category than we had booked and prepayed (!) without any notice (ZEN instead of ZEN deluxe). We had to discover it ourselves and were not offered any refund. After some discussion we got a discount for spa-treatment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tallinn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Whenever you plan to go to Vihula Manor Hotel do not forget to book a treatment at the Spa and ask for the young lady named "SIIRI" - she gave me one of the best massages I ever had (that girl has "golden hands") and my wife had a 90 min treatment with her and was absolutely swarming about the head- neck- and foot massage. So, please do not miss that ALL!
In regard to the hotel: we got a so called "Zen.room" - whatever that means - in one of the many buildings of the old Manor and enjoyed mostly the whirlpool.
Cleanliness is a question for itself and you better wear the slippers.
Reception seemed quite disorganised when we arrived and when asking about our restaurant reservation for the same evening we got the answer that everything has been taking care of. Arriving at the restaurant, unfortunately, nobody knew about our reservation and we were lucky to be set at the last table available.
We ordered risotto with peas and some special "Estonian fish platter" to start with.... When the fish platter arrived we were very surprised about the portion as there were only four bites for Euro 12. Risotto was fine. As main course we had lamb, which was very nice presented, and beef fillet, which was sliced and not served as a fillet and that for Euro 23. The chocolate cake as dessert was nice but nothing special. The young girl serving us dinner was friendly and very nice. Unfortunately we do not remember her name.
Next day at breakast we felt like being at some huge hotel with 500 rooms because we had to serve ourselves also the coffee from some machine which was situated in the restaurant. The waiters seemed to have been temporary only and had no idea of what is going on. One of them was walking though the restaurant and always had his right hand his pocket and the tray in his left hand - what a funny picture!
When checking out I only was wished a nice day when I wished it to the man behind reception.
All in all: a beautiful place unfortunately without soul - for Siiri but, we will return. Hope she will stay there until April next year as we plan to make a reservation over one weekend in that period.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and get a "Zen-Room" which is much bigger and offers more living...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at Vihula and I stayed in a Zen Deluxe in the Main Manor House. The room was comfortable, spacious and clean, although the bath plug did not work when it came to emptying the bath but I am sure that will be fixed. Dinner in La Boheme was enjoyable, the food delicious but I wish I had a starter as well as the portions were a la carte so not large! My only concerns with my stay were it took ages to get a barman to come to the bar, despite ringing the bell and when he did arrive, he was flustered with the order. Also, despite enjoying the dinner, it was slightly spoilt by a family nearby who just let their young children run around amoke, not something you would expect to see in a nice restaurant. Not the fault of the waiting staff, who I thought provided a decent service to us but I would of liked to see them maybe tell the other party that it is not necessary the thing for children to be charging around, especially late on in the evening. Overall, I enjoyed the stay, and I would return again to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding landscape.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Keila, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed there for one night and I also had an ESPA SPA treatment. Everything was great. Loved the treatment. We stayed in Superior room which was quite roomy and also the bathroom was quite big. Room was clean. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast - not bad, but nothing special either. Loved the dinner at La Boheme restaurant. Even though we had to wait quite long then eveything was delicious and the atmosphere was really nice. Would definitely go there again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and my husband highly recommend Vihula Manor: the whole manor complex was very pretty, the breakfast and service were also impeccable. We stayed in a Zen Junior Suite. The only thing I could whine about is that I would have liked the room to have had a bit warmer and more welcoming colours/atmosphere (perhaps some colourful details could be added). However, the overall experience was really positive and the real icing on the cake was a special favour that the receptionist did for us. The swimming pool was said to be quite crowded during its opening times. The receptionist suggested by her own initiative that me and my husband go to the pool after the official opening times (after 9), so we had the whole pool and sauna complex for the two of us! And this added value was completely for free!

High praise again and keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!