“Simply The Best.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birdie's Nest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Rock
Birdie's Nest
You added Birdie's Nest to your Saves list
Courland Bush Trace, Black Rock, Tobago   |
Announcement
Free Transportation
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Simply The Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

One word to describe Birdies Nest would be PERFECTION, because that's what Prince Robinson and his mother Princess Robinson aims for. Wonderful location not far from the bright light of the city but not a rural area, directly adjacent to the beach from the wonderful infinity pool it feels like your in the beach but without the waves. Spotless apartments, equip with all basic necessities. Prince is a wonderful person even leaving wine on ice with grapes, apples and bananas, what a lovely gesture. He also so helpful when we found ourselves in problems at 3:00am in the morning hours before or boat ride home. Thanks again Prince for recommending that particular taxi service, for a moment there I thought I wasn't going home. Next time well make more use of the facility, have a little BBQ, relax more in your lovely pool and of course chill with a great host. From one business man to the next keep up the excellent work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Birdiesnesttobago, Manager at Birdie's Nest, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for kind words, it’s great to have views and opinions from another business prospective. I do hope I have another opportunity to meet you and your newly wife. It wasn’t anything for me to get up early and assist; I try my best to help in whichever way I can. I do hope your return to Birdie’s Nest with family, may be soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

After to be in Port of Spain, we travelled to Tobago by ferry and arrived to Birdie´s Nest and received a nice reception of Mr. Prince Robbisson according with attractive offer sent by email. We received a great surprise when saw location of appartment if front of beach, infinite swimming pool as indoor appartment, because it was tottally accomodation with nice furniture, kitchen and equipments of microwave, freezer, tv, sounds, beautiful lightings, confortable beedrom and so cleaning...Mr Robinson recomended us nice tours and to go fishing by coast with Frankie´s Tours and others possibilities for walking to beatiful places nearest, like designer´s and artist house, small school, restaurants, small places for buying fruits and foods for cooking your own food. We enjoyed Beach Soccer Play in Beach Black Rock and others activities friendly with his beatiful girlfriend. In general we recomended its and we would like repeated this experience any holidays...

Room Tip: Always get information of trip advisor. The best room may be higher because it has more provacity.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing us as choice for accommodation. I am so happy to have had the pleasure of hosting our neighbours in Venezuela. I do hope you come again and hopefully you can come again same time when we have another international beach soccer tournament.
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I went to Tobago in September 2013 for 2 weeks and discovered the best kept secret on the island. Prince was the best host and nothing was too much trouble for him - he was engaging and would openly share his knowledge about anything you wanted to know.
The apartment was spotless and location fantastic. I would recommend hiring a car (we used the one from Birdie's Nest) as you should experience as much of Tobago as possible. As you are in a true Tobago village go to Mike's bar and drink with the locals.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Birdiesnesttobago, Manager at Birdie's Nest, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words of review, also thank you for visiting us here at Birdie’s Nest.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

One week is not long enough, but our stay at Birdie's Nest was fantastic. The ocean sounds coming from the back yard are so relaxing. The rare birds feeding by your window are beautiful. And on the days you need to relax, reading and resting by the pool is always an option. Everyone is kind and helpful, you can make your stay exactly as you wish. It was the best trip I've ever had (yet).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
It was really a pleasure hosting you, I really had fun introducing you to knew foods here in Tobago and getting your feedback. It was also great of you to go out on your own trying different take away food. Thank you so much for visiting us and I do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.
Galveston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It’s hard to know where to start because every aspect of our stay was heavenly. Prince picked us up at the Airport and took us to Birdies Nest and left a rental car for us to use.
We choose to stay there in the mornings so he arranged to have breakfast delivered, each day we received a different taste of Tobago.
We drove to mountains several times and saw the most spectacular views imaginable, but watch out for the goats, they own the mountains, we turned one corner and counted eighteen on the mountainside and a few crossing the road. When we came upon a beach where the locals were swimming we would just pull over and hop in.
Prince arranged a Catamaran trip for us where we were able to snorkel, saw many colorful fish, it was like looking into an aquarium. The boat captain actually grilled on board and served us a delicious lunch and any type of cocktail you so desire.
We spent our quiet evenings in the infinity pool overlooking the beautiful blue ocean. Lots of colorful birds, we left the door open and a couple of them went in the house and helped themselves to our bananas. Prince even let my husband climb the avocado tree and pick one, it was the largest I’ve ever seen.
I could go on and on but I’ll leave something for next time as we would not go anywhere else.
Thanks to Prince and Princess for a truly amazing experience.
Jeff & Brenda Ross

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting us yet again at Birdie’s Nest. We do appreciate your feedback and we will try and keep the level of services to all our clients. I hope to see you all another time here at Birdie’s Nest.
Chaguanas, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I did a solo trip to Tobago. I wanted some place quiet, where I could use as a retreat for my self but at the same time not be bored out of my mind. Well believe you me... I had just the right balance. From the tranquility of the pool ( all to myself), the birds feeding right outside my door, a neat and clean apartment to Frankie's Coastal tours ( the fun part... beach, bbq ,music and great people... ultimate mix). It all ended nicely with my husband joining for the last two days... he loved it too

Great value for money!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Birdiesnesttobago, Manager at Birdie's Nest, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I am delighted to know you had a wonderful time. Thank you for visiting and already rebooked.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

So so so glad I came across Birdie's Nest when looking for accommodation in Tobago. On balance, taking into account facilities, location, cost, cleanliness, quietness etc. and after seeing other places on the island, there is no where else we would have rather stayed than here.
We stayed in the one bedroom apartment facing the sea, it was such an amazing view to wake up to. Photos really don't do it justice, it is amazing. The apartment had all the facilities we needed, due to our budget we regularly cooked and everything worked perfectly, was clean and had everything we needed (even an electric can opener....). The pool is incredible and really makes this place, spent a lot of time just sitting watching the sunset across the infinity pool with a Carib beer or Rum. Ate most evenings on the little terrace of our apartment to watch the sunsets and the hummingbirds!

Our trip would not have been half as good without the help of Prince. We were two young women travelling alone and felt safe the whole time using the his invaluable guidance and advice. He is so in-tune with what the guests want and really goes the extra mile to make sure his guests have the best possible stay.... He was always available and willing to go the extra mile, yet gives his guests privacy also. Perfect host! He even installed new, faster WiFi so I could do my university work! He also took us to a less well known waterfall which was incredible and arranged surfing and boat trips. Thank you so much.

We rented a car from Prince whilst there which was hassle free, had no problems driving around the island. Although we managed without a car for the majority of time... The apartment is located within a small village, all the locals are very friendly, but it is situated right down a road, towards the beach so also is nice and quiet, a great balance.

If we are ever lucky enough to get to go back to Tobago, it will definitely be to Birdie's Nest!

Room Tip: Apartment 2 - sea view, also great little terrace.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Birdiesnesttobago, Manager at Birdie's Nest, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and writing this wonderful review, it really warms my heart with happiness. It was a privilege to host you all. I am so happy you all gotten to see the best of Tobago, from Turtle watching to Dolphins in the sea and tired our Dubbles & Roti. I really hope that you all return someday.

Been to Birdie's Nest? Share your experiences!