“Utopia! What a perfectly fantastic vacation destination!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HBK Villas

Save Saved
You added HBK Villas to your Saves list
HBK Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Jolly Beach | P.O. Box 1793, Saint Mary's, Antigua   |
Maryland
“Utopia! What a perfectly fantastic vacation destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

HBK Villas is the ideal place for relaxation, beach, fun and whatever else you want. My sweetheart and I spent spring break there. What a great choice. We were greeted by a cheerful HBK staff. Checking in was a breeze. They even have an exchange library of books. Jolly Harbour has everything you need for an abosolutely marvelous vacation; bank, grocery store, liquor store, pharmacy, various restaurants and the convenience of docking your boat, if wanted. There are many boat cruises which you can board right there on the property; day and evening cruises. We went on one day cruise, with snokeling/lunch/rum punch and one evening cruise. Both were fabulous! The villa was roomy, clean, modern and the property is well secured. We didn't worry about anyone just walking on the property. We both felt like the villa was our vacation home! We had a full kitchen, living room, two bedrooms upstairs and a very spacious deck. The place was immaculately clean. We ventured out to town and bought fresh fish to cook. We also bought many meals from Carvelle, a popular local eatery close by. Carvelle is fantastic. Don't let the location throw you off. Everyone eats there! Carvelle is a fantastic cook and a beautiful person. We spent many evenings having dinner out on the deck of our villa. (Make sure you take your mosquito spray. It is the caribbean. I just made it a part of my daily routine. No problem.)
The housekeeper, Jennifer, was so pleasant and helpful. The beach was excellent. White sand. Restaurant right there, in case you want a quick bite and drink. Water sports. If you're looking for the perfect place to vacation, look no farther than HBK at Jolly Harbour. Give James, the manager, a call. He's the absolute best!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I just spent 10 days in one of the most beautiful villas in Jolly Harbour. It was an experience I will cherish and one I plan to revisit. The villa was very clean, well maintained and if there was even the smallest of issues (no coffee maker) ..then James was on it and you had whatever you required same day. The rooms were very spacious and the furniture very comfortable. I was a solo traveler this time so space was not an issue however I know 4 people could be very comfortable staying here.
It is within walking distace to the beach, the pool and even the small plaza, which has everything from a bank to liquor store to an internet shop and more.
I had one of the best experiences of a trip to date. I recommend this villa and this area highly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
sussex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

Stayed in a villa classed as luxury in Jolly Harbour,228f but it was very very basic and did not come up to what it was advertised!Mooring broken,sun loungers filthy and table broken,toaster,microwave not suitable for use,chipped china,spare beds dirty,mattress torn,neighbours complined of water dripping on thier baloncy from ac this took two months! and then water poured out of our ac onto to walls,a nightmare but we still managed to enjoy our 9 weeks!
This was our worst villa in 8 years and was managed by HBK Villas.
Would we go back again? hubby says no! sad

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
HBK70, Manager at HBK Villas, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
Admittedly, the guests in this instance has a legitimate complaint but I must mention that request for most or if not all of the items mentions were addressed and fixed. HBK Villas was even praised by the guests for actions taken in addressing their concerns. This booking was not a direct booking but was booked by the owner through a UK website. Complaints were made by the guests to us and also to the owner about what was represented in their advertisement. We have no control over what is advertised. We are currently working with the owner to rectify all the other problems mentioned by the guests.
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I loved the HBK Villas! My vacation was wonderful! The villas are well equipped with appliances, such as microwave, washing machine, refrigerator and stove. The villa is in a very convenient area that is near grocery shopping and souvenir shopping. You can rent a car or golf cart. The golf carts are $25.00 US Dollars per day which isn't bad. The beach was just ok. I agree with one reviewer, Money D that said the beach was a little disappointing with trash strewn across the beach. There are plenty of beach chairs for everyone. All you have to do is show your room key to the Activity Coordinator on the beach and they will provide you with a chair free of charge. If you need beach umbrellas, they charge you $10.00 US dollars for the day but give you back $5.00 US dollars.
Room service is ever other day but if you need anything you can call front desk and they will bring you whatever you need such as soap or towels.

Castaways is a bar/restaurant that is right on the beach. They provide great food and excellent drinks!

The locals are very friendly and very helpful. I felt safe and would definitely recommend this villa to anyone who wants to come to Antigua.

Definitely come here! It won't disappoint! Just load up on your Off Spray because the mosquitoes are hungry!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed at the HBK Villas in Jolly Harbour and had a pleasant experience.
I thought the room was beautiful. You have your living room, kitchen/dining area with tv/cable, microwave and balcony.
Upstairs, there are two bedrooms. One bedroom also has a balcony. I felt safe and the area is quiet. The locals are very friendly and helpful.

Maid service is every other day, however if you need something, you can always call front desk and they're more than happy to bring whatever it is you need such as towels, soap, toilet paper. I found the staff to be very friendly.

The beach was just okay. I was a bit disappointed because of the trash laying on the beach. Crushed cans, cigarette boxes, paper plates. I thought it could have been cleaned better. Rental chairs are free, but if you need an umbrella for shade, they charge $5.00 US. Some told us $10.00 but they settled for $5.00 US.

Castaways bar is great and right on the beach. There's a bartender who's very friendly and he takes your order of liquor right on the beach. No problem, no hassle. They also serve lunch and dinner.

Dennis Cocktail Bar & Restaurant is a must do. It's unbelievable. It's around the corner from Jolly Harbour. The food was amazing but the view is incredible. You have a veiw of endless beaches and hillsides. We ordered a lobster dinner and the lobsters were huge and not expensive at all.

Peter's Steakhouse is within walking distance from the villa. The restaurant was big and you're seated outside. I was surprised to see only one chef taking all of those orders. The wait time was too long and people were wondering where there order was. We sat right near the grill and I could tell when our order was coming up because the chef was out in full view. I don't know if it was the holidays for the long wait but one chef for a big restaurant seemed a bit much to me.

Rental cars are available as well as the golf cars. You can also walk down the road to the commercial shopping areas. If you walk, it's about a ten minute walk and it's an enjoyable exercise. People, myself included were stopping and taking pictures and just enjoying the nature walk.

There are buses and cabs nearby to take you whereever you want to go. I would definitely recommend this villa and stay again.

• Stayed December 2009
Arlington, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

The HBK Villas were basically clean and comfortable villas. They're a bit hard to get to--even after getting to Jolly Beach, we had to ask several times how to get to the HBK Villas. The villas are each about 1200 square feet or so, with 2 separate bedrooms and thus plenty of room for a family. They had functioning kitchens, and decent decks. And the price was not unreasonable (albeit somewhat high). However, the customer service was decidedly subpar. Here's my story....

After we arrived, we checked-in and were directed to our villa. (We would be spending a full week at HBK.) Five days into our stay, however, we just happened to be at the villa at about noon getting some lunch. (We'd planned to be out that day scuba diving, but changed our minds and went to the beach.) I received a phone call from the front desk informing me (ever so nicely) that they had been trying to reach us all morning. We were asked to pack up our things and leave the villa, promptly. It turns out that the owner had called that morning and requested use of the villa for a friend. Thus, we had to skedaddle.

I thought this was rather unusual/unreasonable--and said as much; this seemed like quite an inconvenience for us. I said, "Well, you'll of course compensate us somehow--give us some money back for the inconvenience." I was told, however, that no, this was not an inconvenience to us; we were simply being "re-located" to another villa. And because we weren't being deprived of a room, they would not give us any money back.

Well, I proceeded to dispute the point--and then argued further in person with the gentleman behind the desk--but to no avail. We moved, and received nothing in exchange. I was told that this sort of thing happens with some regularity, and they don't refund anyone's money.

Now, I don't know about you. But I've NEVER been kicked out of a room and sent to another room. Least of all with about an hour's notice. Oh--and if we hadn't been home when they called? They said they'd just have moved all of our stuff for us.... (Isn't that nice?!?!) Needless to say, we felt like so much cattle. We won't be going back.

So... if you stay at the HBK Villas, they're fine. Just don't unpack too much.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to HBK Villas? Share your experiences!