We stayed in a two bedroom villa with friends. Most villas are in a superb location for the beach and amenities. Our villa was a disappointment. The showers had recently been renovated, with very pleasant tiling etc. The plumbing was very badly fitted. There was never any hot water and the pressure was merely a tickle. Someone came out on a couple of occasions, but it couldn't be fixed.
The awing on the patio are overlooking the marina was broken and couldn't be extended. It couldn't be fixed. The kitchen was poorly equipped, with insufficient plates, but seven - 7, frying pans?? The TV was very old (not LCD) and the remote control had calcified batteries in it. New batteries didn't work.
The air conditioning unit in the bedroom packed up after a few days, but the one in the lounge was new and very efficient.
But we didn't go to Antigua to stay in the villa. The flora and fauna are fantastic and the beaches simply stunning. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, but the staff at Castaways by the beach are friendly and helpful. The location is also wonderful for watching the superb sunsets. Watch out for mosquitoes at dusk, however. There's lots to do if you're active, like boat trips, jet-skis, etc. I would very much recommend the guided 3 hour self drive boat excursion, which includes a wonderful snorkelling opportunity on an outstanding reef.
Getting around the resort on a hired golf cart is great fun, but beware who you hire from because many are in poor condition and the lights don't always work. We used head torches!
For a winter break, the climate and location are superb. If you can cope with the manana lifestyle and attitude you'll have a great time. US dollars are accepted everywhere, but cash machines on the island only give local, East Caribbean currency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two bedroom town houses with large spacious living areas, fully fitted kitchen and gallery. All villas are situated waterside and air conditioned throughout for your comfort with have maid service 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your HBK Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hbk Villas Hotel Saint Mary`s
- HBK Villas Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda