From the moment you arrive at Hermitage Bay all of your troubles fly away. We spent a week there for our Honeymoon. You will be greeted with an ice cold scented towel, mojito, and one of the most beautiful views in the world. Each staff member is extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming. You will not meet a stranger, which makes your trip even more relaxing. We stayed in Hillside Suite 31 and it tops any view or hotel I have ever stayed in. The view, surround sound, outdoor shower, interior, snacks, bathtub, are all a recipe for success. We really enjoyed the unique snacks at the bar each night before dinner and the live music. The options for each meal are endless and all of the food is 5 star. My mouth waters just thinking about all of the wonderful food we had. I loved the Cashew Nut Sandwich and Eggs Benedict at Breakfast. The Fish Sandwich and BLT with avocado were delicious lunch picks. Dinner my favorite dish was the eggplant ravioli. And the deserts are literally to die for. The view is impeccable from the restaurant and the staff is extremely helpful. The beach is so relaxing with comfortable lounge chairs, towels, and a sun proof umbrella. The beach staff is extra helpful bringing ice buckets and water as soon as you arrive on the beach and constantly coming around to see if they can bring you anything else. The water sport staff is great as well. We highly recommend the boat tour and snorkeling excursion. The hotel in its entirety is gorgeous. The architecture, decor, and landscaping is second to none. The last day we had a couples massage which was absolutely amazing. We also had dinner on the beach our last night and it was an excellent and romantic way to cap off a great week. We did very thorough research before picking Hermitage Bay and asked countless people for suggestions. The two of us and the other guests we spoke to all agree that there is no contest, Hermitage Bay cannot be beat! I cannot say enough great things about Hermitage Bay and the staff. A return trip is definitely in our future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ~ Conde Nast Traveler 2015 Gold List Winner ~ The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and T4B so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda