My husband and I just returned from an 8 day honeymoon in Antigua (November 16-24), and we spent 5 of those days at Hermitage Bay. Sadly, we had planned to transfer to another resort to "mix it up", and almost immediately regretted that decision. The service, food, and accomodations at the Hermitage far exceeded anything we could have expected, and the second resort we went to could not hold a candle to our first 5 days. We originally decided to change resorts based on the thought that we might get bored at Hermitage b/c it seemed to be so peaceful, low key, couples oriented (based on reviews). While it was all those things, it's not like socializing with other couples and staff was off limits. Every night before dinner we went to the bar early and had cocktails with other guests, which was great. The staff was so friendly and remembered us by name every meal and even when passing through the lobby. It wasn't until the day came to go to the second resort that we realized we weren't even close to being bored, and in fact were so sad to leave!
We stayed at a hillside villa (#21) and the view was spectacular. The pool was always clean, the temperature perfect. We were greeted with a cold bottle of champagne and a fruit platter. Our room was cleaned while we were out and turned down at night. We had breakfast in our room one morning which was wonderful! They were right on time and the food was hot and delicious (as always).
The beach was clean and we were only approached by one vendor the entire time. There was always an open beach chair and having our drinks delivered to us was one of our favorite
luxuries :) The water sports were so fun, and the staff were friendly and outgoing.
We have already started planning our return trip and this time we aren't going anywhere else but the Hermitage!
A big thank you to Mekel, Kevin, Tajah, Rozalyn, Vera, Levique (I am so sorry if I misspell names!). The staff really makes the stay. I cannot express how amazing our time was at the Hermitage, you must go and experience it yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ~ Conde Nast Traveler 2015 Gold List Winner ~ The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Splendia, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda