This was the perfect place for a honeymoon (late October). My wife and I just spent 5 nights in a hillside cottage (#35). The rooms were fantastic, the food was amazing, and the beach was beautiful. To top it all off the service was extremely impressive They made the trip: Alex, Judith, Jermall, Kevin and Devon (helping with kayaks, boat tours, snorkeling equipment, etc)... ahhhh I wish I remembered all their names to give them all the credit they deserve for making our honeymoon absolutely perfect. I can only hope the owner of the establishment treats them with the same respect they treat their guests with!! Here are some brief highlights and more detail:
Rooms: Extremely clean. They clean your room twice a day (once during day and then once while you are at dinner) There is something special about returning to your room after a beautiful dinner to a nice clean room with the bug net set up over your bed. The AC cooled the room perfectly if that is concern. The outdoor shower was heaven. The Plunge pool was an awesome touch and very refreshing when you wanted to cool off and hang out on your private balcony admiring the gorgeous views.
Food & Bar: We are pretty picky with food and even though I read great reviews, I was still a little skeptical. However, the food was amazing (no exaggeration). The fresh options they had on their weekly menu and their daily menu made every meal delicious. I love seafood and trying new local dishes and they had plenty of that. My wife has food allergy issues and is limited in what she can eat and there were plenty of options for her without us even having to ask! The bar was always fun. We met a lot of other honeymooners that made the bar life a little more lively and fun to grab a drink with post dinner. The bartenders rocked and were great to get to know and show us a good time. The drinks were delicious as well. Good liquor. Not the cheap stuff so hangovers weren't an issue :) Even the local beer Wadadli was delicious, especially in a nice cold glass.
Beach: Beautiful beach. Lounge chairs with table and umbrella available for all guests. The red flag drink service was a tremendous idea. Just another touch that make you realize the owners/staff know exactly how to treat vacationers wanting pure relaxation. It rained for a day and half and it didn't ruin the trip one bit. That tells you something about this place. Swimming during a warm rain was wonderful.
That is all I have for now. This post could go on and on about how great it is here, but you can read all of that in other posts as well (I know I'm forgetting some stuff). I used this site a lot to help plan this trip. I cannot believe there was one single negative review. Anyone who wouldn't love this resort is crazy in my mind.
PS I was told over and over by my wife that I knocked it out of the park by picking this resort so Thank YOU all for the help ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ~ Conde Nast Traveler 2015 Gold List Winner ~ The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda