My wife and I just returned from a week at Hermitage Bay on our honeymoon. I was literally depressed having to leave this place. It was the most amazing week anyone could ask for and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone that I can.
The second you get through customs they find you give you an almond scented cold towel and a ride to the beautiful resort. You are greeted by a staff member when you exit the car and they hand you yet another cold towel and a lovely mojito while you check in. Our room wasn't ready when we got there so they put us in a temporary one. It wasn't that big of a deal because they gave us a late check out as well due to a 4:30 flight home.
The hillside villas are beautiful. They stock the mini bar everyday for you and actually give you a slip to tell them what you want or need everyday at breakfast. The room is always clean and equipped with everything you need. I asked for an ironing board and it was out so they went and bought a new one for me to use.
My wife and I would consider ourselves "foodies", and we were very skeptical of staying at an all-inclusive resort. I must say that my favorite part of this amazing hotel other than the amazing staff and beatiful views, was definitely the food that we ate for each and every meal. We did cooking with the chef on Weds. which was a lot of fun and we found out that the hotel has its own organic garden which supplies the kitchen with fresh fruits and veggies.
The staff from top to bottom was outstanding. They make you feel like you are on your honeymoon. Everyone remembers your name and attends to you for any need. I have never been to a place where the man who works in watersports comes over to serve drinks on the beach because they are slow. They make sure you relax and enjoy every second of your stay. If you need something they get it for you no matter what.
The beach is wonderful. There are plenty of very comfy beach chairs and you never have to fight for them. When you arrive an employee will seat you like a restaurant, cover your chairs with towels, and take drink orders. The beach is pretty shelly, but that would never keep me from attending this hotel.
We went on a couple of excursions and I must say that we definitely missed our hotel when we left.
Overall, I would say that this is the hands down best hotel on the island. I know this is the only place I have ever stayed in Antigua, but I cannot imagine that any other hotel can match it. There are only 25 villas, making 50 people at a time on the resort. There is not doubt that there are about 40 employees working to keep you happy everyday. This place is definitely worth the extra money, you will not be disappointed with Hermitage Bay. This is a memory that we will cherish for the rest of our lives, and we look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ~ Conde Nast Traveler 2015 Gold List Winner ~ The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda