I had no idea places like Hermitage Bay really exist. I had sticker shock when I first paid for the trip but it was well worth every penny. I have never been so relaxed and spoiled in my whole life. Being in a tropical paradise with gourmet food and top shelf drinks for a week was amazing but the staff was what made the trip top notch. Vera always took care of us with a huge smile. Levique, Alex, Anthony, and all of the other bartenders always knew what we needed to drink and kept us company if we were not ready to call it a night after the bar closed. Several of the "buggy" drivers would also stay after their hours to make sure we made it up to our villa safely. Allison worked the front desk and guest relations with extreme professionalism. She made sure check-in, check-out, and everything in between was zero stress on us. We were interested in hearing some local music so Allison and her husband went well out of their way and accompanied us to a pre-festival concert at The Lion's Den. That concert was the best night we had on the island and will always be grateful to Allison and the staff for arranging that evening and making sure we had a great time even off the resort. I would highly recommend paying the extra charge to have breakfast brought to your room in the mornings. It was well worth $18 to eat breakfast on the balcony, relax in the plunge pool for a couple of hours or take a nap on the outside sofas, and then call for a buggy late morning to spend some time on the beach, main pool, or bar the rest of the day. Renting Sea-doo's (water bikes) was a fun way to explore the island and Catamaran Sailing Antigua with Wayne & Lara (sunset booze cruise) is a must as well. I would also recommend not being shy and always asking if you want something. Most likely, they will make it happen. We made lots of great friends (locals, Americans, and Europeans) and lots of great memories on our trip. I highly recommend and will be visiting again one day…next time during the main festival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ~ Conde Nast Traveler 2015 Gold List Winner ~ The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, T4B, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda