We loved this hotel the location on the beach in heavenly and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. The staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is very relaxed. the hotel is great for families or couples. The food is very good indeed although expensive. $8 for a bottle of water at every meal adds up. and our meals never came to less than $80 for 2 of us however little we ate, but we were on a bed and breakfast deal.
There was a little touching up that the room could have used in certain areas for instance around light switches, and the glass doors in the bathroom were not clean and had rather unsightly hand prints on them.
The hotel has a great dvd collection and every day we borrowed a movie and the dvd player and large flat screen tv in the room were easy to use and good quality. The air conditioning worked well in the room and it was often too cold. the terrace with a daybed were lovely and we used it every day.
We were recommended to go the 'jump up' and we went and had a great time, every visitor should go to this. We also went on the complimentary 3 hour hike up to Signal Point with a hotel guide and this was a great chance to experience the rainforest and ask questions, and get the best view on the island.
The hotel lends bikes for free which we used, and the spa is lovely but expensive.
The free water sports are great and I strongly recommend the complimentary snorkelling trip that the hotel offers at a nearby reef. We saw two stingray and an octopus as well as many fish and the sea is the warmest you will experience.
The hotel gives a complimentary afternoon tea every day which is lovely too, in the room or on the beach, wherever you like.
The pizza restaurant by the pool was nice but service was very slow although we were offered free cocktails to make up for the delay.
The hotel gave us fresh coconuts which was a nice touch.
difficult to find fault overall this place is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlisle Bay on Antigua is one of the leading luxury Caribbean resorts, its accommodation designed to allow for both families and couples to holiday in peace. Both kinds of traveler have a dedicated end of the resort, which allows for everyone the tranquility of the spectacular beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Amex, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Carlisle Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel Saint Mary`s
- Carlisle Bay Hotel Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Resort Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda