We stayed here back in October 2012 & had a wonderful family trip to your hotel and the beautiful Antigua. Having done a bit of travelling in the past I always make it my mission to provide feedback mostly on trip advisor.
Overall, we had a brilliant stay and would definitely like to visit in the future. The staff were so friendly & the kids club was nice. I noted down a few things about each part of the hotel.
The Library was a really lovely room, lots of great books & cool when it was so hot outside. It was rather frustrating when for our entire stay only one of the computers seemed to have Internet. I did report it but it never got fixed. I think that's something that should have been addressed immediately.
The Spa, was fabulous and the gym was great. I had a brilliant massage from Michelle. I also booked in for a manicure which was fine. However I thought that the range of colours on offer was disappointing, especially for the price you pay for such a treatment. I would expect to see all the top brands on offer, OPI, Essie etc..
The restaurants were great and always so accommodating. it was a shame that East wasn't open.
The main restaurant was our favourite. Though at times service was extremely slow even when the restaurant was at full capacity. There was lots of pre- ordering by larger groups which took priority over smaller groups despite arriving earlier. This became frustrating.
The room itself was a great size for us. The cot was also extremely useful, so thank you. We did think that the hotel needed to invest in upgrading the family rooms a bit, as elements of the room were very tired looking. Our lamp shades had stains on and the curtains were faded and looked old. In addition, the metal hinges in the bathroom were full of dirt that had collected over time. This really isn't what we would expect from a 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlisle Bay on Antigua is one of the leading luxury Caribbean resorts, its accommodation designed to allow for both families and couples to holiday in peace. Both kinds of traveler have a dedicated end of the resort, which allows for everyone the tranquility of the spectacular beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Carlisle Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel Saint Mary`s
- Carlisle Bay Hotel Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Resort Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda