I recently had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel and can recommend it thoroughly.
From the moment I was greeted at the entrance to the moment I left I felt as though I was in another world. A pampering paradise! It was divine!
My fantastic room overlooked the beach (see photos). Apart from every amenity you would expect from a 5 star hotel it had a Gaggia coffee maker in the room!!! Great for a caffeine addict like me. The room service breakfast (see photo) was delicious (breakfast in the restaurant was great as well). As for the bathroom....well the walk in shower, HUGE bath, his and hers sinks, luxury bathrobes and slippers....sheer luxury.
Within moments of lying down on the beach I was brought a cool box with 6 small bottles of cold water which were replenished in the afternoon. As the day wore on I was offered fruit skewers and refreshing fruit cocktails as well as full bar service. On one day, I had lunch on the beach (a Caribbean Bento Box) which was delicious. It had been very difficult to make a choice from the yummy menu. Other days I ate at the pool restaurant and had a pizza cooked in the wood oven which was superb (look out for Faye, the lovely waitress in the pool restaurant who suggested I had a half and half pizza as I just couldn't make my mind up - what a lovely lady). All other meals in the hotel were first rate, especially the seafood special in East, the fusion Asian restaurant open in the evenings. If I hadn't run out of time I'd have tried the lobster dishes, they looked wonderful.
My stay was during the Olympics and it was wonderful to watch the opening ceremony in the hotel's cinema with Prosecco and popcorn. A great atmosphere.
I would thoroughly recommend a treatment at the spa, especially with Peggy, my therapist who gave me a wonderful pedicure and had me in stitches of laughter. She also gave me a wonderful, quiet relaxing massage and I was delighted when she decided to use hot stones on my aching shoulder muscles even though it wasn't a hot stone massage. I thought that went over and above.
Over and above is how I would describe the service and staff of the hotel, the amenities, the room and the food. Although I visited in low season the hotel was 3/4 full but I still managed to find peace and quiet on the beach and throughout the hotel. The pool was heaven for the children who all looked as though they were having a marvellous time. In fact, I think this is the first hotel I have ever stayed at where I didn't hear ANYONE with a complaint. Let's face it, that's almost unheard of. Can't wait to return
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel Saint Mary`s
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel
- Carlisle Bay Hotel Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Resort Antigua
- Carlisle Bay
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlisle Bay on Antigua is one of the leading luxury Caribbean resorts, its accommodation designed to allow for both families and couples to holiday in peace. Both kinds of traveler have a dedicated end of the resort, which allows for everyone the tranquility of the spectacular beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Carlisle Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.