We stayed at CB for a week in June (our 2nd time) and we fell in love with the resort all over again! The resort and beach are beautiful, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the food/drink are great.
We stayed in an oceanfront unit which has a great view of the secluded ocean-side beach. We went to sleep listening to the waves crashing outside the window. The room was nice (basic, but comfortable) and was just a few steps from the bar/restaurant and a short walk to the spa/fitness center/tennis or the bayside-beach/restaurant/pool. We were there in low season and felt like we had the whole resort to ourselves (note: even though it was busier our first time here, it never felt crowded). There was never a line for the restaurants or bars, never a problem finding a chair on the beach and never a wait for watersports.
The food and drink were excellent for an all-inclusive resort. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner (full menu), and the beach restaurant serves lunch (buffet or menu) and special dinners (there were 2 during our stay). The main restaurant food was very high-quality and each meal was good (some excellent, some OK). The lunch buffet was very good, with a few hot entrees and a large salad bar, or you can order sandwiches or a few entrees off the menu. Drinks were good and plentiful - there were several cocktails to choose from, house wine (which was OK) and a local draft beer or a few choices in bottles. You can also order fine wines off the wine list at an additional cost, and prices were reasonable (for a resort). There was a band at dinner each night - we enjoyed most of them, and some guests even danced. There was a manager's cocktail party in the spa that was a great setting and a nice chance to socialize with the managers and guests.
The staff in general is very friendly and several will get to know you by name. You wouldn't know it based on the service, but there is no additional tipping required (although we did give tips to a few staff who went out of their way for us). We also got to know several of the guests, who were very friendly and a mixed crowd (old/young, Americans/Brits). It was like a small community.
We never left the resort but felt like we didn't need to. We kayaked, paddle-boarded, snorkeled, swam and walked the beaches end-to-end. Didn't get a chance to go fishing, water skiing or ride on an inflatable chair towed behind a boat, but we talked to several guests who did and had a great time. The organized snorkel trip to a nearby reef was very good, and you can also snorkel on the left side of the beach. There were some organized walks that were offered but we missed them each day - too busy enjoying the beach! The fitness center was small with a few treadmills/ellipticals and a couple of weight machines. We didn't go the spa.
Overall, if you're looking for a place to relax, enjoy the beach and eat/drink well, this is a great place to do it. We are looking forward to going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flanked by water on both sides, Curtain Bluff sits on a rocky promontory (bluff) that juts into the sea between two beautiful beaches. One is calm, ideal for swimming and watersports; the other beach is washed by ocean surf. 72 Rooms and suites, all with staggering seascape views, are spread out along the Surf Beach and up the bluff. There are two restaurants: the open-walled Tamarind Tree serving breakfasts and candle-lit dinners, and the Beach Cafe & Bar, where barefoot-casual lunches are enjoyed one step from the sand and a few feet from the water's edge.The resort's exceptional facilities include a championship tennis center, a fully equipped watersports center (scuba, Windsurfing, paddle-boarding, waterskiing, Hobie Cats and kayaks), a squash court and fitness center. When it's time to relax, there's our tranquil spa overlooking the sea, a beachside swimming pool, a beach bar, and hammocks swaying in the shade of coconut palms.With the exception of a few above-and-beyond luxuries (Cuban cigars, vintage wines, spa treatments), everything is included in the room rate, making it one of the best values in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Curtain Bluff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curtain Bluff Hotel Bolans
- Curtain Bluff Antigua
- Curtain Bluff Resort Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda