“Great location and Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
New York
“Great location and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Definitely a scenic location, absolutely beautiful!!! We were there past sunset but I can imagine how amazing it would be. The spicy coconut curry appetizer was very delicious and left me wanting more. It should be offered as a main course :). Everyone enjoyed there food. It's a bit pricey but I guess your paying more for the ambiance then the food. Overall experience was good and would go back again.

Antigua
“Beautiful spot, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our friends recommended this place so we had to try it, and it was fantastic! Because the location was so beautiful we expected it to be a little expensive anyway, so we were not surprised by that. We ordered a mix of about 7 plates for 4 to share and it was definitely enough food. We were not disappointed by any of the delicious food, and the cocktails were amazing too (mojitos and espresso martinis!!). Definitely recommend this to anyone while in Antigua. The owner even came out at the end of the meal to check on everything. Will visit again next week :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hatfield Peverel, United Kingdom
“Good food but doesn't justify the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We ate there while staying at Cocobay. The food was good apart from a slightly undercooked soufflé but at the price you pay you expect a warmer welcome and better service. My wife and I didn't feel particularly appreciated as guests which is what you tend to expect. We've eaten as good food at the same or lower prices with much better service in a better setting.

You don't expect to sit at the bar waiting to go in while the batman ignores you and does the washing up!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
sonhomeu
“Perfect sunset spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is beautiful and not to be missed while in Antigua! Sheer Rocks has awesome drinks (including one of the single best mojitos on Earth!) and perfect views of the sunset. It's such a romantic dinner spot too. While dining you are sitting up on a cliff and listening to the ocean breeze and waves with hip music and candlelight. Although the fish was a bit dry and disappointing, the lobster gnocchi and the passion fruit dessert were amazing! We also really enjoyed the freshly baked bread accompanied by olive oil and the friendly service. Make a reservation in advance and enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant on the island!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Go to Sheer Rocks for amazing food, gorgeous location and the owners who couldn’t do enough for us. My partner and I got married in Antigua in December; I had seen good review at sheer rocks so we decided to go for it and have our wedding breakfast there. We also decided to have tapas the night before with our family and the food was truly amazing!!! Not only did Alex and Kate supply us with the best food we had tried on the island but they organised the photographer (Diane Morley-Ham) for us who produced beauty pictures for the whole day. They organised the flowers for the table, me, two bridesmaids, boutonnieres, the wedding cake and fireworks. They also sourced a beauty large Antiguan pearl bracelet for me as a gift from my future husband and presented to me on the morning of the wedding. Nothing was too much trouble for them; the staff were friendly and attend our every need. Alex also made canapés for us and I highly recommend the sticky pork belly!!! We put our wedding in Alex and Kate’s hands and they exceeded our expectations we could not find fault with anything it truly was the best day of our lives and we have Alex and Kate to thank!!! I recommend Sheer Rocks for the food plus if you are thinking about getting married in Antigua then go to Sheer Rocks for no stress and amazing Michelin star quality food. I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Kate and Alex for all their hard work in making our day so special, I’m looking forward to going back later this year!!!

• Visited December 2012