“My Favorite Restaurant on My Favorite Antiguan Beach!” 4 of 5 stars

Mama Pasta
Long Bay, Saint Philip, Antigua
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Antigua
“My Favorite Restaurant on My Favorite Antiguan Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Instead of spending big bucks and getting dressed up to go to the fancier resort restaurants, go to Mamas! I am a medical student living in Antigua for going on two years now and this is hands down the best cuisine I've had on the island. First time visiting the restaurant was with a classmate after spending a day snorkeling on the beach. We had first gone to the restaurant on the beach, La Tortuga only to be really turned off by their expensive prices. One of our professors recommended us, so we figured we would give Mama Pasta a try. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! The restaurant is completely open air, outdoor seating situated up a flight of stairs overlooking Long Bay Beach. Very casual with painted picnic tables and spray paint decor. Has a nice little bar with a real good rum punch! But beware, a few of them will do you in as well as rack up the bill quickly. However the highlight to me is their amazing, fresh, homemade pasta dishes! YUM! From the Rasta Pasta to the Lobster Pasta Special, everything has been so delicious I have been guilty of shamelessly licking the plate clean every time. The owners, a sweet husband and wife pair, are dolls as well. Be sure to bring cash and go for a late lunch or an early dinner as they do not stay open late. Plus you will want to catch the sunset from the gorgeous view! My parents came to visit this past October and stayed at the Verandah Resort right near Long Bay. When I took them to Mama's the last night of their stay, my father had wished I had brought them the first night because they would have eaten there everyday!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Weston, CT
“Very good food with a beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

At the request out our kids, we had lunch there on a recent visit to Long Bay. We were pleasantly surprised with how good the food is and how immaculate Mama Pasta is. We will definitely return.

Visited April 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Super views and Super Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

loved the food, all cooked to order and staff very friendly. views of the Caribbean as you dine in the shade. Can't beat it!!!!

Visited May 2012
“The cleanest kitchen ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

A great Caribbean beach front restaurant with great food for all the family. Lovely fresh pasta & great pizzas - the burgers are good too! What surprised us most was how clean the place was (especially when compared to the restaurant right on the beachfront - the kitchen was so dirty!). Mama Pasta is definately worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Pizza on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Situated on LONG BAY beach these guys make great Pizza < we order for our house guest all the time ,good for lunch order before 6pm

Visited March 2013