We had our wedding at the Verandah in January, and the staff was fantastic. Every details was planned and addressed (thank you Andrea). The steel drummer, Stella, was a nice touch too. The florist did a great job with the flowers at the wedding site (small beach)We couldn't have asked for anything more, besides the Antigua Extreme boat in tied to the dock in all of our pictures.
The resort was very well kept and most of the staff was very friendly. Occasionally, there would be the grumpy bartender (small beach), but other than that we were very happy. The water equipment on the large beach was a bid plus for my husband and friends. The staff there was helpful. The only issue with the beaches was the creepy old man (guest) that was there taking pictures of all the ladies on the beach and at the pool. I have a feeling the situation was addressed by management at the resort.
The rooms were nice and well kept, and the views for the waterfront is worth it. They have solar powered water heaters, which is great, but just keep in mind the hot water is not unlimited.
The food at the different places were pretty good. When cooking for so many, it is difficult to change it up and make it less cafeteria-like, but I think overall it was pretty good. The drinks were good as top shelf was available (have to ask for it). The coffee was very good and so was the rum punch.
Overall, it was a great value for the money, and we would love to return for a couple anniversary visits.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- Verandah Resort Spa
- Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, JackRabbit Systems, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.