We've just returned from the Verandah Resort from an 11 night stay and if I'm honest I'm struggling to find much to fault with the resort. I've seen some pretty petty comments in the weeks leading up to the holiday, i.e. the mattress was too hard (they weren't - besides it‘s a personal preference), the resort was too hilly (use the frequent golf cart service) and the draught beer wasn't up to much (drink the bottled stuff - we did). I've stayed in many high end hotels and the Verandah definitely lives up to a top billing. The staff couldn't have been more friendly/ helpful, the location was beautiful, the food was very good, with a lot of variety (really struggling to see how previous guests can complain - not really sure where these particular guests dine, but you can safely ignore them) and the all-inclusive option is extensive.
The highlights for me would have to be the watersports at the resort, taking a car out for the day to have a good look around at what Antigua has to offer and the deep sea fishing. With the latter we were told we went out on a calm day and I’ve never seen waves like that before! It was a fantastic trip, but just be warned if you suffer sea sickness.
The only real low for our group was the heat in the buffet and Buccaneers restaurants. It really was unbearable at times, although we did ask to be sat near the window which helped a little. I could find more faults, but I’d feel like I was being overly critical of what is ultimately a very good resort. I would highly recommend it and I don’t often say this, but one day may well return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip