We stayed a few days at Hermitage Bay before moving on to our Seadream Yacht vacation. Nice place, extremely quiet even for my wife and I who enjoy a little quiet time adjusting to the time change and unwinding from the daily grind before our real vacation. Service was fair, not five star, with the restaurant help going through the motions and the food ok but not terrific. There were a lot of bugs and many folks were not prepared and complained a lot. Secret is always the skin so soft stuff from Avon and we didn't t get one bite. It is almost impossible to sit outside at night and the mosquito nets over the beds are a must. It is a bit remote and one gets the feeling that the place could use a shot of red bull for the absolute lack of energy in the place; it is way beyond quiet.... Also no gym and the spa is a bit lame...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quiet, independently owned Hermitage Bay is comprised of just 27 luxury cottages so that "even at its busiest, the place seems remote and quaint." Whether visiting for the first time or returning as a friend, you'll enjoy a welcome familiarity and "sensation of belonging" from the moment you arrive. Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, it is perfect for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, our eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a 5 star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it. Our open-air facilities, extensive beach and detached rooms allow you to unwind in isolated luxury. Each of the 7 Beachfront and 3 Garden Suites features a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools of the 17 Hillside Pool Suites afford the added luxury of soaking up the Caribbean sun from the privacy of your own sun bathing deck. Whether enjoying lunch by the pool, dining in the beachfront restaurant, or having breakfast in bed, every meal feels privately catered. The menus change daily and feature freshly squeezed local juices, locally grown produce, and organic ingredients. At Hermitage Bay, all dishes are prepared to order, special requests are encouraged, and we are always happy to help with dietary requirements. Non-motorised water sports are included and a shuttle service to and from town and Shirley Heights is available for an additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hermitage Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Bay Hotel St. John`s
- Hermitage Bay St Johns
- Hermitage Bay Antigua/Bolans