Arrival- Front lobby is outdated, small, and not attractive. Service was slow and rooms were not assigned to our group as promised. We went with a group of 20 people.
Rooms- Rooms are very small.
Food- food was good but not much selection at buffet. Always birds in the buffet restaurant and they will take the food right off your plate.
You have to pay extra at the seafood restaurant if you want steak or lobster. Not much seafood at all. No food to eat after 10:00pm.
Bars- Nothing special. The swim up bar was not working and if you are in the pool you have to wait for the bartender up top to come serve you when they are not busy. Bar closes around 12:30pm.
Sports- Basket ball nets were very old. Pool volleyball was old and torn.
Beach- The beach is beautiful very clear water but would be better if it was a private not public. Locals always walking around and have their little stores on the beach.
Pools- The pools need some cleaning and updating.
Not a lot for the kids to do. Most kids were sitting in the lobby on wifi.
Casino- there are about 15 machines. The tables are closed.
In closing if you are a young family with kids go to a 4+ or 5 star in Cuba or Dominican for the same price as a standard room here.
You have to pay $15.00 for a in room safe and $10.00 per day per device for in room wifi.
The maids kept the rooms as clean as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Travelocity so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans