This resort has definitely seen better days. We booked it as a cheap option in a supersaver room so our expectation was not that high. Just as well. If you are looking at an expensive holiday to stay here then dont book it. If you have a cheap deal then go with it.
The room was very clean. The supersaver rooms are tiny so if you go with this option, pack light, not much space to put things away. We didnt spend much time in there so it was fine.
Gardens are lovely, but a lot of the pathways are broken. The bar areas have seen better days and all the drinks here are served in plastic which is not great if you want a glass of wine.
We went off season so the restaurants were only staffed for half full and not the greatest choice of food. The buffet restaurant was especially disappointing with very little choice of salads and everything else lukewarm unless you managed to get something from the grill or eggs in the morning .Lots of problems with birds in the restaurant. I had concerns about hygeine as they land on the tables and if you sit outside they steal from your plate and drink out of your glass so dont leave anything unattended,
Lydias is on the beach. Food not the greatest but beautiful setting and a lovely bar area that you can linger in after your meal with personal cocktails made for you and drinks in glass not plastic.
The Italian restaurant is classed as fine dining but is not. It is comfortable and air conditioned so no bugs but the food again was disappointing.
We thought the best restaurant was the Indian, although the main courses not as good as the starters.
They had a really weird system for booking the restaurants when we were there. You could only make 2 bookings a day and restaurants were only open on certain days so for the first few days of our holiday we were messing about every morning making bookings. Also only allowed a 6.30 or 8.45 table. Also very annoying.
The beach at this resort is gorgeous but not private so you do get hassled a bit on the beach but if you are firm they are respectful. Look out for Angie who sells jewellery- She is fabulous!
Also look out for Dr Amu who wanders up and down the beach. He is a medicine man and has a little shop in one of the green huts. He makes great potions to keep the mosquitos at bay or to cure the itch and is a fountain of knowledge about all kinds of things.
The best thing about jolly beach resort is the staff. They are FANTASTIC! Smiles all round, nothing too much trouble, friendliest place I have ever been.
In a nutshell, go if it is a cheap deal
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Hotel
- Jolly Beach Resort
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive, 464-room Jolly Beach is an exceptional Caribbean experience. Resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized watersports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, Think Jolly Family Program, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.