“cause every little thing is gonna be alright...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

You added Jolly Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Jolly Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bolans Village, Bolans, Saint Mary's, Antigua   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bolans
New York
“cause every little thing is gonna be alright...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

it's a 3 STAR resort so please don't expect a 5 star room for the standard room but the beach is far more then a 5 star expectation. the food is plentiful and the drinks are just like any other all inclusive resort (not quality liquor). the beach and sunsets make up for everything. Canadians seem to have paid less then the US for this resort (???). staff is just so helpful and happy. a real "sand in your shoes, beachy feel"...would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Before booking Jolly Beach you should be aware of the following-there are no elevators,no mini fridge,no coffee maker in the room,no iron and ironing board and no facial tissues.The room size is smaller than North American standard and the shower was not designed for larger individuals.On the positive side the beach is long and wide with fine white sand.The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms and grounds are kept clean.The food is plentiful and varied.The entertainment ,except for one night, was enjoyable.If you can tear yourself away from your ipad or smart phone book a trip or two with your rep. or the concierge and visit St. Johns,Nelsons dockyard etc.You can also use the local bus($3.25EC to St John's $1.00US=$2.65Ec).From St John's you can take the bus to many other areas.Did we enjoy the week? Yeah maan.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors which we got. But be aware that you will have to walk up stairs.
Belize
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a one star at its best, service was slow and terrible. No wifi and lobby was packed with everyone trying to get wifi connections. Restaurant was packed and food was ok. Room was basic and run down, definitely needs a makeover. Rosa Venus soaps and terrible smelling shampoo. Not worth the price

Stayed March 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is where I have ended up before when spending too much money elsewhere in the Caribbean. Jolly Beach is an all-inclusive, you know what that means. The staff are great! Very helpful, and the food is ok value, although not too exciting. Try the free drink coconut slush! We never took it with the rum they offered. All drinks free, of course. Had a lot of them when residing by one of the pools, or lazying on the beach just 20 meters away from one of the bars. Take a walk around the place! Visit the harbour area, go out on thenorth finger and see the houses built along the Canal. Take a golf car, if you're too lazy to walk in the heat, they abound.

Room Tip: The many pavillions have names after the Caribbean islands. We had a great view from Nevis 2072.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I had a great time here last December, we met a lot of great people, both guests and staff. I'd definitely come back. The rooms aren't the greatest, but I didn't come to Antigua to stay in the room anyways. The only two bummer parts in my opinion is that they closed the big casino they had and there were mosquitoes that got me, but next time we will be more prepared. The food at night was great. My personal favorites were Utsav and Lydia's. The staff was really cool and fun.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is not what you would expect,it is very run down and in need of update.The room we were in was very basic,everything concrete,so nowhere to put anything.Paint peeling,balcony loose,doors falling off,chipped toilet and sink.The resturant,every where were birds flying around so plates and everything upside down to stop droppings.The food always cold by the time you had to wait and not agood selection.At the bar area very outdated,The spirits came in plastic bottles marked with contents in felt tip,then poured into bottles.Room service was done about 5.30 could not get room towels or beach towels.

MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Jolly Harbor resort 2/2 to 2/9 of 2013. I went in with lower expectations after reading the reviews on TA. I am sad to say even with that I was disappointed—maybe it was the price we paid for the vacation, which is the most I’ve ever paid for an all-inclusive vacation.

The room: My friend and I had a super saver room, but immediately upon seeing it we knew that it wouldn’t work for two girls with their bathroom toiletries. The room was very small with two tiny twin beds pushed together in the middle of the room. I will give credit that the rooms are clean, but they are shabby. We upgraded to the next level room and paid $200 more each (for the week). The bigger room was better, but still felt like an economy room in the 80’s. We had a refrigerator in the room, but it was empty. They don’t stock the fridges in this all-inclusive. The beds were hard and uncomfortable.

The food: The Hemispheres is the buffet restaurant. I did not like it. I don’t eat meat, but I do eat fish, and I struggled on the two evenings we ate here. The fish was not good. The potatoes and other items were cold. After two nights at the buffet, I was not going back. The others in our group of seven weren’t as disappointed as me, but maybe the meat filled them up! The reservation restaurants, however, were good. We all were stuffed and happy by the end of these meals. The service in these restaurants was good as well.

The beach and pool: The beach is beautiful. This is the reason to be here at this resort. There is a lack of chairs and no umbrellas. You have to pay for them at $10 a day. The chairs are in bad shape as well. The pool is a little shabby. My friend was leaning on the edge and her arms were blue from the paint from the pool. Bring your insulated glass for your pool drinks, as they just come in tiny cups and get warm fast in the hot sun. The food at the pool grill was limited, but good fast food style food. The bugs here ate us alive. Bring bug spray and make sure you use it. Whatever bugs they are, they itch like crazy and for a long time.

The people were friendly so I hate to say negative things about the resort, but I feel like I need to be honest with my perception and experience. I write reviews for most of the places we go, so I’m not writing to necessarily complain. I know others are very happy with this resort. Maybe had we paid closer to what it was worth, it wouldn’t seem so bad. We paid $2,000 per person after the upgrade, which is quite a bit, I think.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jolly Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!