Beautiful beach that we had our wedding on.They did an outstanding job making our wedding so special.We have nothing but great memories of our special day. After that it went downhill fast the food is less than average. My wife and stepdaughter both got food poisoning at the Italian restaurant. This was confirmed when other guest who eat at the restaurant sent meals back because it tasted funny or smelled bad. When I went to management with my concern over the food they ignored me at first then denied it could be their food that made them sick. This occurred at the end of our trip and my wife was so I did not think they would let her on the plane. When I asked hotel management if the could me in anyway if I could not catch my flight they responded that's on you. Then the manager states that he will call me cab so we could leave mind you my wife was doubled over with stomach cramps and throwing up every hour on the hour. I then responded by telling I will go out to the lobby and let everyone coming and going how they take care of there guests. He then responded by threatening to call the police after that it became a shouting match. Also we had a light in our bathroom that exploded when we fliped the switch on resulting in glass all over the bathroom floor. We called to report this and were told they would be right over to take of it. Well 24 hours later after repeated calls they finally showed up and had an attitude at that. Mind you this occurred at the same time as the food poisoning which was a major problem as the bathroom was needed for the bodily issues that come with food poisoning. Take into consideration that the before our incident was below average.
As for the island it was beautiful we went many excursions and the people as a whole were very nice. So if you are thinking of going to Antigua go for it but I don't recommend jolly beach resort. I f you have the extra money spend it on a better resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive, 464-room Jolly Beach is an exceptional Caribbean experience. Resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized watersports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, Think Jolly Family Program, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans