Our group (5 couples) stayed at the Jolly Beach Feb 15-25. I pick the destination every year and am disappointed that I let the group down on this trip. I read all the reviews but….
We paid for ocean view rooms but most of us were put on the ground floor where the only view was of part of the lawn. Everyone had problems with their rooms ranging from weak air conditioning to having a leak from an upstairs bathroom. Our room had no clock and a non-working phone. The couple with the leak complained daily but all management did was send a maid to clean up the water. Literally on the last night they offered to move them to a dry room!
The resort did not live up to reviews:
• Many people raved about the lobster dinner but the restaurant was always out of it. At least over the 10 days we were there.
• Many people mentioned plenty of beach chairs but we often had to do without.
• Someone had a picture of an empty swim-up bar. I wrongly assumed this was temporary. They don’t stock or staff this bar.
• Although there was a guard posted directly behind our beach chairs, my shoes were stolen when we walked down the beach to take sunset pictures.
• The internet was sporadic at best. Don't think you can work from here.
The resort is in a great location but it definitely needs some work. I have a feeling that they are just not able to run at full capacity. The rooms we were given are possibly only rented when absolutely necessary, hence their disrepair. And being filled to capacity could account for most of the problems we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive, 464-room Jolly Beach is an exceptional Caribbean experience. Resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized watersports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, Think Jolly Family Program, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans