My husband, daughter and I just got back from Jolly Beach yesterday. Overall we had a lovely time. Beach was amazing, the pools were nice and the overall expericence was wonderful . . .BUT, the hotel needs a major over haul. The Owners are sqeezing for every last nickel and dime by cheap'n out on food, drinks (in small juice size glasses), room quality, landscaping, wifi service (Limited) and entertainment. They are not investing in any improvemnets and this is sad becuase they have the most BEAUTIFUL location on the island and a true diamond in the rough!!! It just needs a bit of TLC and service quality improvements. Our room was a queen superiour in the newer part of the resort. The room size was a typical American size room. But, as far as anything else being upto American standards in the room. . .NO! Beds were hard, bed linens were worn out and low quality, the room was clean but, the bathroom was a mess. The shower head dribbled, the sink and shower faucets were old and a bit moldy, the hot water ran out all the time especially, before dinner. We are simple travelers and we don't require a ton of fancy decore' or art work. However saying that, all they have to do is improve the Beds, Linens, Updated the bathroom and this would improve the entire experience. The TV and the air conditioner were old but, both worked. The food was average not bad just not outstanding, the staff was 50/50 - good/bad.
Some things I found strange:
- No Hot tubs anywhere and pools closed at 6PM
- No swim up bar service - Had to get out of the pool to get drinks
- Cups for Cocktails and drinks were small <== Tip - Bring your own plastic tumbler
- Deserts - Not sure what they were 90% of the time. Not good at all!
- Island Fruit was not available beyond Pineapple and Bananas???
- The lack of a Disco
Overall the our trip was fun and relaxing. Did I meantion the beautiful beach!! The beach and pools saved the trip from being a complete let down. A few improvements of the property and I think this place would be a winner. Just not sure we would go back anytime soon unless we rented a condo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive, 464-room Jolly Beach is an exceptional Caribbean experience. Resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized watersports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, Think Jolly Family Program, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans