So we just spent 5 days here...
1. The food is actually disgusting. Possible the worst I have had at a resort. We settled for breakfast daily and went out for all other meals. The Italian dinner we had hear made us both sick. Almost inedible. The drinks are fine and yes served in sippy cups but you can bring your own if you are a big drinker.
2. The room is tiny but hot water and a/c- for the price it felt fine. We asked for a renovated quiet room and paid $50 for the week and got a fridge.
3. The concierge- wasn't always so helpful. The bus leaves right from outside the resort for $1 we went everywhere on it- great way to see the island/ totally safe- instead they tried to push us to take inflated cabs. They suggested activities we didn't want to do and seemed to hesitate when it was our choices we wanted help with. In general the hotel staff was nice but pretty slow.
4. The staff- the housekeepers, bell hops and bartenders were so nice.
5. The beach is awesome for the price- we got such a cheap package and were really in awe of how nice it was. The hawkers were pretty mellow on the beaches.
6. Daily you only get one beach towel and they are a bit warn (as are the sheets.)
The quiet pool was nice- we were not so into the family/ loud pool.
In general there is a lack of beach/ pool chairs. People seem to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve. We always found some but it wasn't easy.
7. The resort must have been built in the 70's or 80's with little updating we were fine with it. It felt clean but if you are looking for shiny and new this is not the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Hotel
- Jolly Beach Resort
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive, 464-room Jolly Beach is an exceptional Caribbean experience. Resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized watersports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, Think Jolly Family Program, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Venere, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Stentorian NV, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.