If I am completely honest I do not want to give this hotel a review because I don't want it to become too popular and then overcrowded! (Selfish I know... but OMG what an amazing resort)
The is a very quiet, chilled out, relaxed environment - do not go here if you want a party because it wont suit you or others that are there.
The pools are A LOT bigger than the pictures imply :-)
The crickets are rather loud and make a constant noise - but you will get used to them after your first night.
The cocktails are amazing and varied.
The staff can't help you enough and always say hi, how are you? How's your food etc.
Get a room with Air con.... you WILL need it!
It is spotlessly clean.
The birds will fly into your room if you leave the door open and sit on the sachets of sugar until you give it some, are wave your arms around like a crazed monkey until it flies back out the room!
Watching the humming birds in the morning whilst chilling on the balcony was bliss.
If your flight if after check out, then you are still allowed to use all facilities and are allocated half an hour to freshen up in a room down by sheer rocks restaurant.
O my god! So you kind of expect a buffet style at an all inclusive resort. But when you have a buffet at breakfast and lunch, with a chief there cooking fresh omelettes/meats it's a rather refreshing experience. But then to get a four course meal every night.... I Would be surprised if anybody came away without putting weight on! It just melted on your tongue, I can't even begin to describe what it tastes like.... Just wow! I haven't even tasted food that good in restaurants over here!!
My husband and I got married on the beach there on 18th September and it was beyond perfect! (for those considering getting married, we recommend 4pm - the latest the do it. And a tip - remember suntan lotion in the excitement of getting ready). Tameka is soooo laid back and chilled, it's a refreshing change to the wedding planners over here! Yet professional and enthusiastic to make your big day special. Vilma was also there to help with our wedding too, what an asset to the team!
They provide you with a choice of flowers to chose from. Arrange for you to go into St.Johns to the high court to get the paperwork signed off, which allows you to marry there. (We booked with Kuoni and all the fees where included in the package)
I had my hair done, and my dads wife had her make up done by the same woman - This was my only gripe. If you can do it yourself then done book as all my curls fell out within half an hour and Sallys makeup slid straight off her face (when promised it wouldn't) But this takes nothing away from my opinion of the hotel and staff as the hairdresser wasn't part of the staff.
Overall I would thoroughly recommend Cocobay Resort, it will not disappoint.... we're going back for our first anniversary too!!!
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Resort All Inclusive
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A colorful collection of quaint wooden cottages set on a breezy hillside bordered by three white sand beaches, Cocobay offers quiet relaxation and privacy in a rustic, romantic setting. The 49 cottages and 4 plantation houses each boast large verandahs with easy chairs, hammocks and striking sea views. Rooms include hand made wooden furniture, ceiling fans, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and in-room safe. Seafront rooms include air- conditioning and private plunge pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.