“We put the bar up high choosing Cocobay for our Honeymoon as our first time in the Caribbean!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocobay Resort

You added Cocobay Resort to your Saves list
Cocobay Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Valley Church, Bolans, Saint Mary's 431, Antigua   |
Special Price
10% Honeymooner Discount
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bolans
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cocobay was just simply amazing!
If you're looking for a place to relax and enjoy quality time with your loved one, this is the place to go!
We chose cocobay for our Honeymoon because it seemed much more private that those huge hotels and we couldn't be happier with our decision.

We chose a seaview with private pool room (#25). The Bed was so comfortable, we had AC, the pool was perfect, we had an amazing view of the ocean and the sleeping Indian, and it was private, no one could see us in our pool.
No matter what people say about the showers having no walls, we loved them, plenty of room!

We loved the food, especially supper because it was a la carte. Always looked forward to what would be on the menu. Alot of people say its small portions, and yes it might seem like some of them are, but you get to choose an entrée, soup, main course and then desert so beleive me after your meal you're good, bigger portions would be too much.
The food served for lunch was buffet style, but always had different stuff which we loved, and breakfast was good too and although there was plenty to choose from, every day was the same, so thats the only thing I would say should maybe change.

The staff was so nice! some of them knew us by name and were so much fun! We even got a hug from our waitress on our last day.
The service was great, from the room cleaning to the bar tending.
One night we came back to our room after supper and there were candles and flower petals on the floor of our bedroom, and the night before we left, we got a bottle of rhum bunch and a special treat, roasted coconut placed in our room.

We loved the beaches! the water is so blue, so clear! So many beautiful shells to find on the beach, snorkling gear available and kayak.
Theres a tiny beach that no one goes to because theres not much sand, but if you want to be alone its really nice. And then there the main beach where everyone goes, very nice beach but there were some annoying people always asking us if we wanted to rent the jetski...
Then we found another beach literally just 2 min walk from the main beach and there was no one! it was great! we spent alot of time there.

On our last day, our flight was at 4 and the chout is at 12 and we still got to spend the day at cocobay because they let you keep your bags at the reception and you can book a changing room that had a shower for 30min so that you can swim all that and then you can get ready before leaving to the airport.

On our trip, we did the circumnavigation tour around the island of antigua and the tour to Barbuda on the excellence with tropical adventures. I really recommend it!
Barbuda has amazing beaches and the bird sanctuary is amazing to see. If birds dont interest you and if you get sea sick easily, then dont do it. Do the tour around the island, lots of amazing things to see and beach stops. The lunch on the boat is yummy too!

Room Tip: We were in room 25, a private pool seaview room and it was perfect! I feel like we had the most pri...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A few tips before I gush over this resort: - this is NOT a sandals-esque resort. Do not book here expecting a party atmosphere. This is a small, intimate resort that caters to couples on honeymoon and romantic getaways. Also, DEFINITELY book through the resort's web page. The supplementary menu for dinner is only included in the all-inclusive if you do. We loved having the extra options at no charge. Honeymooners, there is also a significant discount code if you book through the site, so be sure to use that. Standard rooms do not have AC or the best views, it is totally worth upgrading to the ocean front rooms (We loved TC or Tamarind Cay).

Ok, now that that's out of the way. WOW!!! This resort is amazing. It starts with a cold towel and rum punch greeting at reception and that sets the tone for the type of service you can expect from the staff. The waiters/waitresses at the restaurant are extremely pleasant and attentive. Their good mood is infectious. Our room was decorated with flower petals when we arrived and we also returned to our room after dinner the second nice to find electric candles and flower petals as well. On our last night, the manager (O'Neil) send a bottle of rum punch and roasted coconut to thank us for staying. All of these little things really added to our romantic week in paradise.

The food was exceptional! I've only been to one other all-inclusive, but the food here far outdid what I expected. The dinner menu is very exotic (4 courses) and a bit intimidating, but everything I ate was exquisite! My wife is very particular and not generally a seafood fan and she loved the food as well, so no worries if you are a picky eater. I would encourage you to branch out and try new things like I did. I found so many things I would never have expected to like so much! The beds are roomy and comfortable. My wife and I have gotten used to a sleep number bed and this is the only other bed that we have been able to sleep well in since we got it. The cleaning staff does a good job cleaning your room every day. The mini-fridge is restocked every day (if you are good to your cleaning crew, they will often hook you up with more rum in your fridge, so take care of them!!). The views are breathtaking all over the resort. On clear days, you can see both the islands of Montserrat and Nevis. Even walking around the resort is beautiful as the walks are beautifully landscaped and manicured. The most accessible beach is Ffryes beach, right off the resort. It is public, so there are a few vendors, but they are far less obnoxious than other places and since the beach is on the less populated part of the island, they are not as many. We even used one of them to rent a jet-ski and book a trip to Montserrat (which is beautifully fascinating as well as you get to see the aftermath of the volcanic activity there over the last 2 decades). Also, the beach is not packed to finding a place to put chairs is not a problem at all. The beach is clean and the water so calm and soothing! There are 2 main infinity pools, though we only ever visited the one right by the beach. Like the beach, they are not crowded and very refreshing.

I'll finish by saying that we WILL be going back to Cocobay and would encourage anyone and everyone considering a romantic getaway in the Caribbean to put Cocobay at the top of your list. You WILL NOT regret it. I cannot say enough good things about our week-long stay at this resort. Truly an experience that we will remember and treasure forever.

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of a romantic and well needed break over my birthday.

Not often that a place exceeds my expectations. I travel a lot and live in hotels etc. Cocobay did E exceed my expectations though. The private pool we had is a must...do not even consider the others! We had a refurbed unit, so it was awesome.

As it is an all inclusive resort, I always have my doubts. The drinks variety was okay, the house wines very good and the beer drinkable (although only a choice of 1). The food was fine. Breakfast is the same everyday and do not be in a hurry to get your eggs - after all you are on holiday! All freshly made by 1 person serving the whole resort. No cheese in sight throughout the visit was dearly missed.

Lunch was reasonable. not much of a variety, but enough. Bit bland.

Dinner is a 4 course affair. They try to go cuisine style and probably get there reasonably well. I booked directly with the resort, so I had no restrictions on what we ordered. Lobster it was every night!

ONE warning -- men must wear collar shirt and long trousers for dinner. Nobody warns you until you check in. Luckily I had a jeans....was uncomfortably warm as I packed nothing else but shorts.

Staff is very friendly, nearly too friendly. We found some of the bar staff sarcastic and rude, but it was mostly only one guy and we decided he is just one of those people in life!

Will I go again? YES - absolutely. What I wrote here might sound negative, but it is the reality about the food and drinks.

The place is NOT for kids.....whatever they try and tell you. 80% of the couples are honeymooners....

Room Tip: Private pool and aircon in your room is a must. Do not even consider the standard units.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that we are more of a low-key couple that appreciates high-end things and relaxing. If you want to drink a lot and be on top of other people all of the time then go to Sandals. Coco Bay is a high-end beautiful place and has a diverse clientele from people all over the world.

The food- Every morning they had a great breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, pancakes and an assortment of other food. It was perfect. Lunch was always good and they included a salad option if you did not like what they were cooking. They would also have a different dessert every day after lunch which was perfect. Dinner was always amazing. My wife had the lobster twice and I could not get enough of the steak. It was very romantic and just a great setting with great service.

Accommodations- Just wow. We had a premium villa with a pool and never wanted to leave. It was the most amazing thing ever. When we show pictures to our friends and family they are jealous because of how great it was.

The grounds- Everything was perfectly manicured and beautiful. We sat by all of the pools and on the beach comfortably. It was very relaxing there there was great service. It was also quaint so you did not have to fight for a place to sit nor did you have to take a shuttle to a different pool or walk a mile.

The staff- Absolutely spectacular. They made the experience so enjoyable and were so accommodating and friendly.

My wife and I had literally nothing go wrong when we stayed at Coco Bay it was perfect and we are going to continue to go back for years to come. It was PERFECT!!!

I strongly recommend bringing bug spray. We were nervous when reading other reviews about the bugs but it turned out to be fine with a bit of bug spray.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 2 weeks at this resort and it really is lovely. It's a unique resort set in beautiful surroundings and we loved every minute of our stay.

Such a friendly place. The people there were all so nice and the stff were brilliant. Really made us feel welcome!

We stayed in a Seaview Cottage which was gorgeous and again, very unique! We didn't go for a cottage with a plunge pool but we found the hotel pools fantastic, spending most of our time plunging in the bigger pool.

Food was amazing and drink was flowing (in a strong way!!).

Overall, couldn't fault the place!

Room Tip: Having a Sea view room is soooo beautiful!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Our second visit and perfection just gets better. From the staff, (Melissa, Keva, Oriel, Kevin, Sonia, Cicely to name just a few), to the location, the pools, the guests themselves, there is nowhere else we've found that chills you out, totally and completely. No phones, tv,clocks.......time is irrelevant, you just go with the flow. The food is amazing.....the chef has to be complimented. We will be back again. This is a bolt hole, a revitalising oasis. If you want simple, get-away-from it all, this is it......... Can't be faulted. Wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me begin by saying that some of the bad reviews really are just kind of absurd. Things to know....there is no wifi, no tv, not even clocks in your room. This is, by all definition, a complete island getaway. And yes, you can hear the ocean and the birds and the frogs and the crickets and whatever other critters that live in the tropics...because...you're on an island... Anyway, we were looking to get away and that was EXACTLY what we were looking for when we chose Cocobay for our honeymoon destination and boy did they deliver.

We stayed in the Chattel House and the view was absolutely amazing. It was seafront, there was a plunge pool and it was very well kept. It's an island so...yeah...it's hot. But the fan and the AC kept us cool enough to enjoy when the heat really did get to us. The first night was so beautiful we slept with the doors open and had the ocean lull us to sleep.

The food was delicious, the drinks were also delicious and the staff was WONDERFUL. Phyllis, JoyAnn, Melissa and everyone else at the front desk to the housekeepers to the bartenders were so attentive and ALWAYS had a smile on their face, cracking jokes and just in general being amazing.

The views...holy crap the views!! The pictures don't even do this place justice. The ocean was warm, turquoise and beautiful. The pools were well kept and also had excellent views. Really, anywhere you went on this resort you were seeing something great.

What I loved most was how intimate this resort is. It wasn't big, you saw the same faces everyday and familiarized yourself easily. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat and we cannot wait to go back for an anniversary, a birthday or maybe I'll convince my husband to return just because. They treat you like royalty here ,you aren't a number here and that is extremely hard to find at an all-inclusive. By the second day, they know you by name...I mean...really...it's great.

Room Tip: get a seafront room with a plunge pool, it's worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cocobay Resort? Share your experiences!