My wife and I stayed here as part of a romantic and well needed break over my birthday.
Not often that a place exceeds my expectations. I travel a lot and live in hotels etc. Cocobay did E exceed my expectations though. The private pool we had is a must...do not even consider the others! We had a refurbed unit, so it was awesome.
As it is an all inclusive resort, I always have my doubts. The drinks variety was okay, the house wines very good and the beer drinkable (although only a choice of 1). The food was fine. Breakfast is the same everyday and do not be in a hurry to get your eggs - after all you are on holiday! All freshly made by 1 person serving the whole resort. No cheese in sight throughout the visit was dearly missed.
Lunch was reasonable. not much of a variety, but enough. Bit bland.
Dinner is a 4 course affair. They try to go cuisine style and probably get there reasonably well. I booked directly with the resort, so I had no restrictions on what we ordered. Lobster it was every night!
ONE warning -- men must wear collar shirt and long trousers for dinner. Nobody warns you until you check in. Luckily I had a jeans....was uncomfortably warm as I packed nothing else but shorts.
Staff is very friendly, nearly too friendly. We found some of the bar staff sarcastic and rude, but it was mostly only one guy and we decided he is just one of those people in life!
Will I go again? YES - absolutely. What I wrote here might sound negative, but it is the reality about the food and drinks.
The place is NOT for kids.....whatever they try and tell you. 80% of the couples are honeymooners....
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Resort All Inclusive
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A colorful collection of quaint wooden cottages set on a breezy hillside bordered by three white sand beaches, Cocobay offers quiet relaxation and privacy in a rustic, romantic setting. The 49 cottages and 4 plantation houses each boast large verandahs with easy chairs, hammocks and striking sea views. Rooms include hand made wooden furniture, ceiling fans, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and in-room safe. Seafront rooms include air- conditioning and private plunge pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.