Upon arrival you are served with the usual rum punch and cold towel but a nice touch is that O'Neal, the Manager, is there to greet you.
After a short chat we were shown to our rooms, which can only be described as very rustic. Just what we were expecting and we loved it. It is a little tired in places but is not too bad. We did have an ant problem but reception and O'Neal dealt with it.
We chose sea view rooms and were happy with our choice. The view and position of our rooms, 33 and 34, was perfect.
The gardens are very well tended and are obviously looked after by a team who care about what they are doing.
The elevated views from the hotel are stunning and I have never seen so many beautiful, brilliant shades of blue in a sea.
Plenty of space to relax. Two pools, a selection of beaches all with soft sand and safe swimming in crystal clear water.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were very good. Table service for six nights and buffet one night. A small menu with well prepared meals although there are one or two quirky combinations. The pasta dishes are particularly good. They do though seem a little short staffed at times.
Some evenings a queue formed with guests waiting to be seated and this should be addressed.
The bar serves non premium brand drinks, which we knew in advance but the drinks did not seem particularly strong and the cocktails too sweet for me.
On the whole the staff were very friendly and efficient. Special thanks to all at reception, Jermaine, Sasha, Cheryl and Mr Gore.
Go on the 'Medicine Man' trip...very informative.
Just one niggle, Give your guests free Wi-Fi, nowadays most places would offer this for nothing.
We will certainly return. So a big thank you Cocobay from all of us!
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Resort All Inclusive
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A colorful collection of quaint wooden cottages set on a breezy hillside bordered by three white sand beaches, Cocobay offers quiet relaxation and privacy in a rustic, romantic setting. The 49 cottages and 4 plantation houses each boast large verandahs with easy chairs, hammocks and striking sea views. Rooms include hand made wooden furniture, ceiling fans, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and in-room safe. Seafront rooms include air- conditioning and private plunge pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.