My wife and I have just returned from Cocobay and thoroughly enjoyed our ten days there. The resort is beautifully located and overall most of the staff were excellent really taking an interest in the guests.
For an all inclusive the food is pretty good with a reasonable amount of variation and choice apart from one lunchtime.
The rooms can best be described as shabby chic but are comfortable and reasonably spacious. The bathroom in our room was bit tired and some areas of tiling could do with a clean. However, there was always plenty of hot water.
While we enjoyed our stay there are a few areas which could be worked on to make it even better:
- the Wellness Centre still listed on their website has been closed and is being converted into another bedroom. While this didn't worry us it might mislead some.
- you're not informed of what is going on and not provided with listing of events and entertainment. We found out from other guests about a nature walk we could have gone on and turned up for dinner one night to find their had been a manager's evening for guests which was just finishing.
- you have to pay $10 a day for wi-fi access which is usually free in at least the communal areas of most hotels at this level.
- the beach is pretty but you need to be careful swimming as it is very rocky in places. It's unfortunate that it is marred by some ugly containers used for storage.
Overall as a chill out location it's great.
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Cocobay Hotel
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Resort All Inclusive
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A colorful collection of quaint wooden cottages set on a breezy hillside bordered by three white sand beaches, Cocobay offers quiet relaxation and privacy in a rustic, romantic setting. The 49 cottages and 4 plantation houses each boast large verandahs with easy chairs, hammocks and striking sea views. Rooms include hand made wooden furniture, ceiling fans, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and in-room safe. Seafront rooms include air- conditioning and private plunge pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.