Just spent a week at this resort and walked away w/ nothing but positives. The location and price of staying here cannot be beat. We liked it as it was a short minute walk to one of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen. The general area has several beautiful nearby beautiful beaches that is a minute drive (if you have a rental) or take a taxi. All rooms have a kitchenette or kitchen which will allow you to eat breakfast and/or lunch in your unit w/o having to worry about spending money for 3 meals out each day. It also allowed you to start the day at your pace. The staff is friendly and responsive to your needs and the grounds are well maintained. The property is a little dated, but never dirty. For the price, I don't know how one could reasonably expect more than what these guys offer.
One can purchase an AI pass at the neighboring resort for a day, week, or even breakfast/lunch only. There are a host of good restaurants at the neighboring Jolly Harbour, all of which are casual attire.
The only reason I gave Tranquility a 4 instead of a 5 is that the AC in the rooms were insufficient. I had several nights where the AC couldn't keep up and my wife and I would lie awake, sleep above the covers, and even had to use a cold towel on my back to sleep one night.
If staying in Antigua on a budget, I recommend this property...I'd stay on this part of the island regardless of your budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans