We chose Cassia Cottages and Phu Quoc from a search via Google Earth and then a little analysis of customers' reviews on Trip Advisor; it proved an excellent approach and one we'll certainly adopt again.
With the intention of enjoying major down time for our May break, Cassia Cottages provided exactly what was needed. We had booked Beach House Two, which proved a little large for the two of us, but did allow us to spread out and gave us plenty of private terrace space for our extended chill.
The accommodation was first rate, the meals we ate here were of a very high standard, the grounds were attractive, well maintained, with plenty of space for guests to spread out on hammocks, loungers or chairs around the pool. The pool itself, whilst not overly large, was exceptionally clean and well maintained.
In terms of location, Cassia Cottages are located in the centre of a long beach, which provides reasonable access to other places to eat, yet the property has a secluded and private feel. The staff are exceptionally helpful in recommending alternative eateries, yet we ate at least two meals a day at the Cottages, simply because the food was of such high quality and good value for money.
The staff deserve more than a one line mention. Without exception they were friendly, cheerful, discrete when required, efficient and obviously took great pride in their jobs and their hotel. Our heartfelt thanks to them.
There was only one aspect of our stay of which we were critical and this was not something the Cassia Cottage management could actually do anything about by themselves. We had three days of choppy seas, which were wonderful for sea swimming, except for the fact that the beach became badly littered. We asked the hotel management to take the issue to the resort hotel association and relevant government bodies because it is an aspect that could put people off if it persists.
Notwithstanding this last issue, my wife and I would return again and again to Cassia Cottages, if it were possible, and are seriously contemplating a return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Cassia Cottage - The Spice House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Hotel
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam