“Fantastic place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cassia Cottage - The Spice House

You added Cassia Cottage - The Spice House to your Saves list
Cassia Cottage - The Spice House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cassia Cottage Road | Ba Keo Beach, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc Island 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Duong Dong
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We are a family of six and stayed in September in one of the beach houses. Cassia Cottage is a lovely oasis with beautiful surroundings and lovely friendly staff. The beach house was very spacious, clean and very comfortable. When we arrived we were warmly greeted with refreshing drinks and helped to our beach house. The staff were fantastic with our children who are 15, 13 and two 8 year olds. The location of Cassia is a fairly easy walk into town and there were always plenty of taxis when the family were need of a ride. I can recommend Cassia Cottage and if we ever went back to Phu Quoc we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in the beach house with my parents and our 2 year old son. It was a beautiful space and the staff (esp. Thanh and Thomas) really went out of their way to make sure our stay was really enjoyable. The place was really well maintained and the beach was great for swimming; really idyllic. Menu was extensive and everything we tried was very good: 3.5-4 stars. My parents are vegetarian and the kitchen was very accommodating. Would definitely recommend a stay here and will be heading back next time I am in Phu Quoc.

Room Tip: The beach house is huge and really good for families traveling together.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My family, including 2 year old daughter, stayed for 3 nights and 4 days at this wonderful resort. First night I had a major issue with the shower falling apart. Issue was fixed within 20 minutes of telling staff. I am a picky person about many things but would not hesitate to stay again. For USA travelers they have hired new managment personelle and have identified issues with language and cultural knowledge. They are trying very hard to move this hotel to the next level and for that they should be your next place to stay in Phu Quoc. Please let Thomas or Thanh know what you need and they will try their best to get it done. Looking forward to returning soon to Cassia.

• Stayed October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here with our nine month old baby girl. Excellent service, staff attentive but not intrusive. Comfortable rooms, lovely grounds. Backs onto a great swimming beach. Kid friendly pool. Very important ly , the food is excellent. And it's not pretentious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for 8nights and loved it. The staff where really friendly and everything was relaxed and calm.

One of the new managers came for a drink with us and was very friendly. Making it feel like we where staying with friends or something.

The younger man who works there was especially helpful and tended to anything we needed.

Motorbike rental was a plus with the one we had being in good shape and well maintained.

All in all and great place to stay, with great company and idilic scenery. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This review is almost one year late. I stayed at Cassia in February 2013 and it was so wonderful here I am sitting at my desk in Vancouver BC, dreaming of Cassia Cottage and wishing I could be transported back there right this minute.

February is high season - Cassia Cottage was full but it never felt overcrowded. The pools were quiet (the adult-only pool is such a nice touch) and there were always lounges available on the beach. The beach!! So gorgeous and wonderful. The breakfasts were delicious (I was wide awake at 6 am every morning excited about breakfast). The rooms are comfortable and cozy and everything is very clean. The staff is superb. We only had dinner at the Spice House once as we walked to the night market for dinner the rest of the nights (we stayed 5 nights total). What we especially loved were the lunch specials - every day a different Vietnamese specialty for $5USD. Delicious!!!

I did not want to leave Cassia Cottage. We explored other high end hotels on the island but Cassia Cottage tops them all in my opinion. It has a homey feel, is not pretentious but offers luxury. Like I said, dreaming of my next visit....

I was travelling with my parents and they are going back in February 2014. Wish I could join them again!

I should mention we had the two bedroom villa looking out onto the adult-only pool. It was absolutely fantastic.

The reason I am marking three stars for value is because there is no question Cassia Cottage is a little pricey for Vietnam... However, I don't care, I will be back if I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Overall our favourite place we stayed in Vietnam during our three week, for a variety of reasons:

· Very Friendly and attentive staff, from the owner who we met on the last day, to the manager and all the staff, you made it feel like from home from home.
· As it was our honeymoon they gave us a lovely cottage which was meticulously cleaned everyday, this included a lovely hammock and a private pond with our own croaking frog. The gardens in Cassia are beautiful and this is down to the work and effort of the staff.
· The food at the Spice lounge was lovely as well (we had dinner here one night and obviously the breakfasts). The made to order pancakes were lovely.
· They gave us a lovely bottle of champagne as it was our honeymoon which was a really nice touch along with a lovely ‘honeymoon’ welcome laid out on our bed when we arrived.

We stayed in some lovely places over three weeks, this is the only place we have given 5 stars to as we really did feel this place had something else about it. We can’t recommend it enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cassia Cottage - The Spice House? Share your experiences!