This was the second of two places we stayed at in Phu Quoc and having walked along the coastline before staying at this place, it definitely has one of the best beaches. From what we noticed the other hotels/resorts had poor sized beaches with very few beach beds, Thanh Kieu has a beautiful wide beach with many chairs for those who want to lounge in the sun.The landscaping here is very well kept and beautiful, the whole resort itself looks great.
Staff however weren't the friendliest nor too helpful. The first night we got there we asked for a suggestion for a place to eat. The concierge told us to walk the beach and find a good place on our own and that he had no suggestions, he seemed to just want to get us out and to our room.
Breakfast was included, buffet style, and compared to what we were getting at other Phu Quoc resorts, it had a really good selection. Again, the staff seemed annoyed when you requested an omelet from the omelet station.
We had an ocean view room and the view was spectacular. Even though there are other bungalows next to you, the landscaping and set up of the bungalow makes it feel so private, it's beautiful. Another perk was that we got to step out from our bungalow and instantly be on the beach, it was close enough for easy access but still had our privacy.
Worse part...NO A/C. It's tough when you're out in the sun all day and you just want to retreat to a place to cool down, there is no where on the resort with a/c. For the price of the bungalows at this resort, it's overpriced for not having a/c nor tv.
Very good location, walkable to the main strip and a short cab ride to the Night Market. It has the firm Vietnamese style mattress, I would suggest sleeping in the net or at least apply bug spray before going to bed. Bathroom opens outside and does NOT have a door seperating the toliet from the main bedroom so things can get a little stinky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the sunset side of Phu Quoc Island. "Enjoy Your Life with sun and sea air." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Thanh Kieu Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thanh Kieu Coco Beach Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Thanh Kieu Coco Beach Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam