We arrived on Phu Quoc with no reservations and picked Sea Star out of the Lonely Planet. Our Garden Bungalow was $56US a night (we only stayed one) which I thought was a bit steep.
Yes, they have lovely grounds, and yes, the front verandah on the bungalows was quite nice but the beds were rock hard, our fridge didn't work and the only mirror (other than the small one over the sink) was right next to the bathroom door - a door that had a window with no blinds on it!
Location (vs further down near Le Veranda and a large cluster of more budget friendly digs) saves about 20 minutes of walking to get to the night market and some of the great restaurants on the main road.
So, if you are a budget conscious traveller who still appreciates the niceties, I would stay further down the beach at Than Kim or Phuong Binh - the landscaping isn't worth the extra bucks and if you really don't want to walk you can take a round trip taxi for about $5 from the other places to the night market.
Also, and this is just random what the heck?? in my mind - they have signs saying they are Eco friendly and that's why they have solar hot water (which, was excellent) however, what is Eco friendly about needing to let the water run for 3 minutes before it gets hot? There should be a water recovery system in place to make up for that. Also, providing free teeny bottles of water to guest vs offering free distilled water just adds to all the plastic rubbish on the island!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seastar resort is reminiscent of a tranquil Vietnamese village under an ever green coconut cove. The resort is proud to have the nicest stretch of Long beach with natural shades by malabar almond and palm trees. We are the only resort in Phu Quoc that have bungalows right on the beach. We strive to exceed the your expectations with bigger rooms and spacious veranda, genuine local hospitality, complete tranquility and excellent value for money. " Enjoy Your Stay at Sea Star resort " ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Sea Star Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Star Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Hotel Sea Star
- Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam