“The owners are awesome ppl with huge heart !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red River

Red River
76 Tran Hung Dao | Phu Quoc District, Kien Giang, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 42 Restaurants in Duong Dong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Beer Sheba
“The owners are awesome ppl with huge heart !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I arrived to the island at 23.9.12 and wanted to rent a motorbike. most of the places were dengerous in terms of claiming hundreds of $ on things that u didn't do to the motorbike. The "red river" was honest enough to warn me for that although he recieved some threats from his competitors. I have closed a shnorkles tour with him & it was perfect. To the ppl who like vietnamise food it is very recommended !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Draper, Utah
“Very good food, very good price! Great last meal on Phu Quoc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

On our last night on the island my fiancé and I wanted one last Asian dish. We chose Red River simply by walking by and saying "let's try here."

I started with the Spring Rolls (very fresh). For my entree I had the fish with blue crab and she had a simple dish if BBQ chicken and rice. Both dishes were very good. In fact she ate all her chicken, and she never finishes her meals.

When the bill came we were surprised at how small it was. I would definitely recommend eating at Red River.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bucks
“So convenient..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Right in the middle of the strip and next to our hotel, so a no-brainer. Good Vietnamese food at reasonable prices. Attentive service - tho' the late hour and season end probably accounted for this).

Visited April 2012
Queensland
“Tours, cycle hire and information”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We didn't eat at the restaurant, is cheaper at the night market.
We booked cycles and were given pretty good information.

We booked an island tour. It was good but the guide was hard to understand.
When we went to the pearl shop the guide was under my armpits and I could not view items. Every time I moved she was in the way, I felt crowded out!
This makes you back off and not want to buy.

Between the guide and the pushy shop staff hovering over me, I would not buy. If they backed off and let you look at their products, I would buy more.
I heard the shop staff scolding the guide because we were not buying.
They were all too pushy!

We were not impressed by Phyu Quoc. The beaches and sea were full of rubbish and plastic bags. Tourists do not like to see the environment polluted and I can't see tourism being sustainable unless they put a stop to dumping sewer and rubbish into the ocean/rivers.
The hotels hog the beach and only leave a small strip to walk. I'd give it a miss.

Seeing the ocean being raped and pillaged with anything that moved caught without regard to the future was sad.....

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath
“Sound, but .....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Friendly owner. They haven't really understood the "fusion" thing.

Nice enough.