“Three splendid days” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greve in Chianti, Italy
“Three splendid days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I returned with my wife for a short break, 13th-16th July 2014. We love this hotel. I travel the world on business staying in numerous hotels, this is without doubt my favourite. It is a hotel to go to for peace, quiet, relaxation, and exercise. The thermal waters are realy VERY good, they flow out of the hills at 37°C (body temperature) so you always enjoy a sensation of pleasent warmth even on a cool day.
The hotel staff are the best I have encountered, from the pool attendants through to the general manager. In particular two member because I saw them every day and had more interaction than with others. Antonella at the front desk, always smiling and ready to assist in any way. Francesco, who served us at breakfast and then again at dinner, a verry competent sommelier with vast knowledge of all the excellent local wines.
My opinion of reviews such as these is that they are of use if the provenance is genuine, I feel it terrible that reviewers feel the need to be anonimous,what on earth are they afraid of? I personally urge all review sites to ban anoniminity. John F Matta

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Book the Wellness package. Comes with towels, robe, slippers, locker.

We relaxed for 5 hours, letting the springs do it's magic, There are water falls that massage, circulation pools with hot/cold water, jacuzzis and big polls. Very beautiful.

We were driving to Rome so we had to shower at the Wellness center. They provide shampoos with the Wellness package.

My one regret is we did not swim in the free cascade pools nearby. But then it would be a stinky ride home without a shower.

Room Tip: Did not stay at hotel, only used the spa and thermal pools.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been going to Saturnia regularly once or twice a year for some 25years although I didn't the last few years and returned just now: I had really missed the water which is unique and as soon as I arrived I plunged in the pool till closing time (7:45pm)! Then I drove to one of the several good restaurants around the glorious countryside to return back to the hotel for a good rest driving amidst fireflies… and, all this is hard to beat! I was very happy/grateful to be given a very nice room, be greeted nicely and attended always with a smile, love and attention which is very much the reason why I return to this hotel over and over again. The source of the Spa is the hotel's older pool so one couldn't be any closer to it. The outside/sun beds space might appear a little limited compared to what it used to be, since the addition of a larger pool at the expense of the gardens however in the space reserved to hotel guests there is always a spot for peace and quiet and never too crowded anyway. Breakfast is served al fresco by the pool with a rich buffet and one can forget about anything but a swimming costume and bathrobe: ENJOY! There is a menu of good treatments one can do and a a good doctor I can recommend among others called Domenico Mazzone that I have known since my very first visit there and deserves all my gratitude and appreciation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went to Terme di Saturnia because I had read about the thermal springs there. We had a very nice stay, and the hotel is top notch (for italy), but if you go just be prepared for the "smell". The smell of thermal springs is quite unpleasant and stays on your clothes, etc, long after you've left. But I digress. The springs were interesting. I do think they are healing and therapeutic, so for that reason i'm glad we went in them. There are public springs about 5 minutes away, but those are super crowded and i'm not sure i'd go in the public waterfall ones because of all the people. But they were fun to see.

My rating has to do with the "smell", but the hotel itself is quite nice, and the staff was amazing. They cater to your every need and are trained to give the highest quality of service. Very nice people and were so wonderful with us and helped with suggestions, etc. They also upgraded us to a suite which was awesome! Huge room bed was great, bath and shower were wonderful. And the room was very quiet, which i loved. The only thing is that the housekeepers literally "rearranged" all of our stuff when they cleaned the room, which i was not pleased about. So if they clean your room, just know your things will be "handled".
Breakfast was huge and had a large selection.

And we got massages and they were really good! I get a lot of massages at home and i must say this massage surpassed most of the ones i get here!

We were there for 2 nights and had a great time! All the surrounding towns were so fun to explore and there are some great restaurants in the town of Saturnia itself for dinner. This place is pricey so i'm not sure we'd go back, but it was a treat after staying at a 3-star in Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They are so nice, if it's available i'm sure they'll give it to you...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Terme di Saturnia. The thermal pools are very relaxing, the spa was wonderful and the restaurant has excellent food. The golf course was lovely, but very hilly so walking the course can be tiring. Our rental clubs were in good shape, but it should be noted that the clubhouse is closed on Tuesday. I only note this because the starter sent us off, there is no water available on the course. It would have been nice to be warned or for them to give us a bottle or two for the bag.

Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed only two days to experience for the first time the famous hot springs. The hotel is luxurious with elegantly designed large rooms with the best walk-in wardrobe with his and her areas. Staff were friendly and helpful, there are two restaurants to choose from and the breakfast which was included in the room rate was lavish with fresh juices, fruit, hot dishes and pastries. I loved the sulphurous thermal springs -there were bubble pools, spa pools, shower massage drops as well as the larger pools to swim in. All very relaxing. A comprehensive spa therapy treatment program is available, anti-ageing and exercise program's all supported by medical professionals.
No complaints but think that the food on offer at both restaurants could be improved.

Moscow, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was in this hotel one year before and compared to the previous experience, I can say that the hotel service and quality doesn't cost the money they ask any longer
Small details spoil everything - yes, after you share the negative feedback, personnel does it's best to improve and offer small incentives but the luxury hotel should anticipate the needs of the guest so the stay is flawless and you should not care about everything
For example, the schedule the appointments with two doctors - one is medicine, the other is dietologist, but don't care to check if I need the translator.
Am I supposed to come with full medical English dictionary in my mind? I have fluent English but the medicine terms is the different story.
Then I have bought Nuitritional Resert package which included the lunches, dinners etc but - what a nice surprise - they charge 100 euros for my dinner yesterday. Later they explained that it will not count but - why should I sign the bill then????
The quality of food that my friends eat yesterday was a disaster. One of the worst - with the cost of buffet 55 euro per person!
The room that they gave to me was the other disaster - the walls between the neighbor room was so thin that I have heard everything that my neighbours did.
The other strange thing is the plankton - it is disappeared and the lake is transparent now.
So, I do hope that the bunch of negative impressions that I had is my bad luck and the other people have much better experience.
On the positive side, I see the sincere desire of every personnel member to improve the situation after I share the negative feedback.
For example, all restraunt personnel was worried about the food quality and asked us many times how to improve, offered the bottle of champagne etc
They promised to change the room to much better one and the spa manage was ready to meet with me to discuss how to improve.
So I do hope that my negative experience is the really bald luck and othe people have much better time in this wonderful place

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!