“blissful spa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Saturnia
London, United Kingdom
“blissful spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been going to Saturnia regularly once or twice a year for some 25years although I didn't the last few years and returned just now: I had really missed the water which is unique and as soon as I arrived I plunged in the pool till closing time (7:45pm)! Then I drove to one of the several good restaurants around the glorious countryside to return back to the hotel for a good rest driving amidst fireflies… and, all this is hard to beat! I was very happy/grateful to be given a very nice room, be greeted nicely and attended always with a smile, love and attention which is very much the reason why I return to this hotel over and over again. The source of the Spa is the hotel's older pool so one couldn't be any closer to it. The outside/sun beds space might appear a little limited compared to what it used to be, since the addition of a larger pool at the expense of the gardens however in the space reserved to hotel guests there is always a spot for peace and quiet and never too crowded anyway. Breakfast is served al fresco by the pool with a rich buffet and one can forget about anything but a swimming costume and bathrobe: ENJOY! There is a menu of good treatments one can do and a a good doctor I can recommend among others called Domenico Mazzone that I have known since my very first visit there and deserves all my gratitude and appreciation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went to Terme di Saturnia because I had read about the thermal springs there. We had a very nice stay, and the hotel is top notch (for italy), but if you go just be prepared for the "smell". The smell of thermal springs is quite unpleasant and stays on your clothes, etc, long after you've left. But I digress. The springs were interesting. I do think they are healing and therapeutic, so for that reason i'm glad we went in them. There are public springs about 5 minutes away, but those are super crowded and i'm not sure i'd go in the public waterfall ones because of all the people. But they were fun to see.

My rating has to do with the "smell", but the hotel itself is quite nice, and the staff was amazing. They cater to your every need and are trained to give the highest quality of service. Very nice people and were so wonderful with us and helped with suggestions, etc. They also upgraded us to a suite which was awesome! Huge room bed was great, bath and shower were wonderful. And the room was very quiet, which i loved. The only thing is that the housekeepers literally "rearranged" all of our stuff when they cleaned the room, which i was not pleased about. So if they clean your room, just know your things will be "handled".
Breakfast was huge and had a large selection.

And we got massages and they were really good! I get a lot of massages at home and i must say this massage surpassed most of the ones i get here!

We were there for 2 nights and had a great time! All the surrounding towns were so fun to explore and there are some great restaurants in the town of Saturnia itself for dinner. This place is pricey so i'm not sure we'd go back, but it was a treat after staying at a 3-star in Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They are so nice, if it's available i'm sure they'll give it to you...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Terme di Saturnia. The thermal pools are very relaxing, the spa was wonderful and the restaurant has excellent food. The golf course was lovely, but very hilly so walking the course can be tiring. Our rental clubs were in good shape, but it should be noted that the clubhouse is closed on Tuesday. I only note this because the starter sent us off, there is no water available on the course. It would have been nice to be warned or for them to give us a bottle or two for the bag.

Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed only two days to experience for the first time the famous hot springs. The hotel is luxurious with elegantly designed large rooms with the best walk-in wardrobe with his and her areas. Staff were friendly and helpful, there are two restaurants to choose from and the breakfast which was included in the room rate was lavish with fresh juices, fruit, hot dishes and pastries. I loved the sulphurous thermal springs -there were bubble pools, spa pools, shower massage drops as well as the larger pools to swim in. All very relaxing. A comprehensive spa therapy treatment program is available, anti-ageing and exercise program's all supported by medical professionals.
No complaints but think that the food on offer at both restaurants could be improved.

Moscow, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was in this hotel one year before and compared to the previous experience, I can say that the hotel service and quality doesn't cost the money they ask any longer
Small details spoil everything - yes, after you share the negative feedback, personnel does it's best to improve and offer small incentives but the luxury hotel should anticipate the needs of the guest so the stay is flawless and you should not care about everything
For example, the schedule the appointments with two doctors - one is medicine, the other is dietologist, but don't care to check if I need the translator.
Am I supposed to come with full medical English dictionary in my mind? I have fluent English but the medicine terms is the different story.
Then I have bought Nuitritional Resert package which included the lunches, dinners etc but - what a nice surprise - they charge 100 euros for my dinner yesterday. Later they explained that it will not count but - why should I sign the bill then????
The quality of food that my friends eat yesterday was a disaster. One of the worst - with the cost of buffet 55 euro per person!
The room that they gave to me was the other disaster - the walls between the neighbor room was so thin that I have heard everything that my neighbours did.
The other strange thing is the plankton - it is disappeared and the lake is transparent now.
So, I do hope that the bunch of negative impressions that I had is my bad luck and the other people have much better experience.
On the positive side, I see the sincere desire of every personnel member to improve the situation after I share the negative feedback.
For example, all restraunt personnel was worried about the food quality and asked us many times how to improve, offered the bottle of champagne etc
They promised to change the room to much better one and the spa manage was ready to meet with me to discuss how to improve.
So I do hope that my negative experience is the really bald luck and othe people have much better time in this wonderful place

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I visited the hotel for the second time a month ago and stayed for 3 days.
I loved the thermal springs, my skin looked and felt softer than it has for ages (since the previous visit), and loved the relaxing effect it had on me. I slept like a baby every night.
The staff is very nice and efficient - although not all of them speak english.The rooms and the hotel itself are very elegant, clean and spacious and I love the fact that it's luxurious without the "show-off".
The restaurant has room for improvement, the dishes are a bit blunt but the breakfast is great. There are many lovely trattorias and restaurants in the surrounding villages so I strongly recommend to go out for dinner. "I due Cippi" in Saturnia village is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I recently spent a week here and now feel completely rejuvenated! If you need to completely unwind and reset this is the best place for you. It seemed a bit pricey at first but the incredible mineral rich & sulfurous thermal springs offer one-of-kind benefits which you cannot experience anywhere else in the world. That is worth paying for. I have ongoing digestive problems which were significantly resolved by drinking the special purified sulfurous water before breakfast everyday and after spending 30 minutes in the pool everyday for a week my skin is baby soft. I have seen doctors all over the world and none of them were able to deliver the result this natural spring did in one week! The spa treatments are also amazing. I had an intensive anti-age treatment using electric currents which trained my muscles to lift- a far better natural alternative to botox or fillers. I looked 10 years younger after! I also bought a few products which are made from the natural plankton of the thermal springs as I wanted to preserve these great results at home until my next visit. The buffet breakfast was divine with all you could wish for from delicious fresh juices, pastries, charcuterie, cheeses, eggs, bacon, sausage, cakes, nuts, yogurt etc.. You name it - they had it. The resort also has an excellent Michelin starred restaurant with a fabulous wine list, but as the ingredients are all locally sourced you never seem to gain any weight- a huge bonus. The staff were all very friendly and spoke excellent English- they were eager to help you in any way necessary. I felt I had a few new friends before I left. The best part is that you can walk around all day in a cozy white fluffy bathrobe so you can just truly focus on your treatments and wellness. The whole atmosphere forces you to complete relax and retreat from the rest of the world. It may seem a bit complicated to get to as Saturnia is a remote village which you need to drive from any Italian airport (Rome or Florence generally) to get to, but it is well worth the trip. Sometimes, you just need to remove yourself from the world to be able to focus on yourself. If you are ready to do that, this is the place for you and you can do it here in true 5 star luxury no less! I cannot wait until my next visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the steamy thermal spring- Magical!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!