“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Now I know why people from ancient times have "taken the waters" here. It is quiet (except for the rushing water!) and relaxing, with families enjoying the day together.

Visited August 2012

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“do not miss - amazing - magical - and you will come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was the most amazing day of my 14 days in Italy. My fondest memory - and I cannot wait to go back here again - it's natural - it's beautiful - it's free - and my skin stayed soft for over a month. I can't imagine a 20 minute session of this treatment at a spa would be no less than $600 and here you had as long as you liked. The Italians pick the mug from the ground and place it over themselves - we did the same - the water is as clean as it looks - warm - and soothing. A magical mystery tour of a day - away from the tourist areas - and laying under the Tuscany Sun. THE BEST - we took a bus from Grosetto and then another bus - we did miss our bus on the way back - but you know - it made it a true magical tour and all turned out beaitfully - we got back to our hotel - and this is my fondest memory of my trip to Italy.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Norma B
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“What a treat for free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'd heard about this place and have to say its well worth the trip - for us about 60km / 1and a half hours. From the road it looks spectacular and when you get there even better. There is a smell of sulphur and it does hang around on your bathing gear a bit but not enough to put you off. The whole experience is interesting, invigorating, pleasant and unique. Where can you normally get into a warm bath in the middle of the country, outdoors and just relax. its like being in a nice warm jacuzzi.
True there's not much else here and its fairly basic but its free ! and its really quite enjoyable. I'd recommend it and i'd go back again if in the area. there's a free car park nearby. Do take a towel, bathing gear and some sort of trainers / shoes to get you at least near the water.
We visited Pitigliano on the way here - very picturesque - nice meal there and worth a stop but we didnt find much else there to be honest.

Visited May 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“relax, you will not smell like rotten eggs...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a great and unique place to visit and enjoy. My family and I spent an afternoon there after a morning visit to Sovana (a beautiful village definetely worth a visit). If you are planning to go make sure to bring: a large towel to change, or you can use the portable potty at the coffee shop, but the restroom there is not very big; also, I wished I had a pair of water shoes to walk more comfortably in the water. The sulfur does not smell too bad at all, the various little waterfall, provide a vigorous massage, and the mud, more available in the lower part is really great for the skin. If possible choose a cool day , since being this location farther away from the coast (50 minutes circa), it could get pretty warm and humid of course.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank gablor
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Free natural spa and massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

A natural wonder indeed! Lay in the water and relax or let the stream massage your back! Come early in the morning, before it's too crowded....The sulfur in the water didn't bother me, it didn't smell to bad. My skin was nice and soft after soaking in the water. It is a pitty though that people leave there trash in the area. No respect for nature. Oh, and there is no possibility to change clothes, bring a large towel so you can change under it. But t is worth the trouble!

Visited May 2012