“my first visit” 5 of 5 stars

slovakia
142 attraction reviews
“my first visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

As I remembered more than 30 years ago we first visited this place. It was only small pipe with thermal watter located in the field. We had been use, with my young daughter and my wife, this thermal watter in small pit. Just now it is the famoust wellness centre in Liptov area

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kiev, Ukraine
14 attraction reviews
“A Good Place to Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went to the place in February and our toddler son was with us, so I didn't have an opportunity to try the outdoor pools. However, we did spend 2 hours in the indoor pools and it was quite fun. There is a bit unpleasant smell when you just enter the pools but then you get used to it. The kids zone is really tiny and incorporates only a small fountain feature and a slide.

Then, there is a new zone called 'adrenaline zone'. And it's much less crowded than the thermal pools. There are a few water slides (quite good) and a huge kids zone. Ah, and there is a wave pool with really huge waves, like in an ocean. It's cool but you have to be careful. My husband couldn't hold the balance while holding our son. It's good I was near and took the kid while husband was fighting with waves. And they stood not far from the water edge...

There is also a spa complex but I didn't go there so can't tell anything.

I would agree with others that the whole thing is a bit overpriced and would do with a bit renovation. But still it was a good experience and a change from skiing.

I wouldn't recommend buying the whole day admittance. Three hours should be enough.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the changing rooms. There are no personal cubicles, just rooms for men and women. It's weird but much faster to change. Especially when you have a toddler on your hands. Maybe, there are personal cubicles for additional fee, one might need to ask at the reception.

Visited February 2013
Riga, Latvia
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent outdoor atmosphere at night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our visit to Besenova was late in the evening and in winter time - that made it all the more special! It was fantastic sitting in the steaming outdoor natural pools while snow is falling. Even the running from pool to pool was an adventure! The indoor bit of the thermal park is not so great, smells of chlorine and is very generic, however, the outdoor pools are super!

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Overpriced and overcrowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

You can buy all day pass or just 3 hours one. I recommend the second option as it gets really hot in the outdoor pools and you won't be able to sit there for more then 2-3 hours anyway. We didn't use indoor pools or wellness, that's why my review is only about the outdoor facilities.
The pools would need some renovating, they don't really look particularly clean or fresh. Don't get me wrong, they are not dirty, but could use some refreshing.
For the price they charge, there should be towels, bathrobe and slippers included. Especially that we actually didn't really plan to visit these pools and we weren't prepared. The fact that these are not included only shows that these pools still have to go through a lot of changes before they reach Western Europe standards.
The whole experience is good. Water temperature varies between 26 and 39 degrees. It's a really good exercise to spend some time in hot water (36-39) and then have a swim in the cold one (26), and then go back to the hot one again. The hot water pools are overcrowded, the cold ones are completely empty, obviously.
I think they should invest in some basic shampoos and conditioners in the showers. All these little changes would make this place much more attractive.

Visited December 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Very good, lovely wellness a bit overpriced:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spend couple of hours in Besenova and we liked the whole thing. They have just opened the new toboggans there, very high and fast ones:). The wellness is beautiful and quite large. Pitty they don't hire bathrobes, as it can get very windy outside.

Visited August 2012