Our London based yoga studio visits annually for a week long retreat each June. The grounds are stunning, the sun always shines, the spa is amazing and it's an ideal spot to practice yoga twice a day. There's plenty to do in the afternoons, the staff make you feel very well looked after and the value is excellent. The food was always good, but with the addition this year of Chef Patrick Dwyer, the food is now outstanding. Our group of 20 rather fastidious diners were thrilled each night with the creations from the kitchen. The fish was fresh and expertly prepared, the produce was obviously locally source and delicious and the variety was amazing. The wines are reasonably priced and well chosen. Easily the best food for miles around, be sure to stop by for dinner if you are in the neighborhood, even if not staying at the resort. Absolutely superior!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a dream – a dream that unfolded in 1983. We cordially invite you to steep yourself within a vision that will bring relaxation, health, well-being and no little luxury. In the spring of 2009 Ayii Anargyri Spa resort opened its doors and present the world with a sublime experience. Set in a valley of mature trees, the resort offers a unique retreat, a place of profound calm and the opportunity to enjoy the health-giving waters which have benefited visitors for so many years. This boutique hotel with accommodation for 150 guests in Suites or Classic rooms, has dedicated spa facilities in the grounds, a generous swimming pool and conference facilities for 50 people. Cuisine from locally grown produce will reveal all that is best in traditional Cypriot fare – food that is garden fresh, nutritious, flavorsome. The hotel provides the means to benefit from the time-tested remedies of the mineral rich waters which flow here – but there is so much more. An abundance of scenic attractions will delight any nature lover. Also outdoor pursuits like cycling, walking and bird watching are just a few other possibilities to make your stay a tonic for body and mind. History of healing: The Spa was first formally opened in 1649 by two brothers, Cosmas and Damianos. Their generosity in offering treatment often without thought of reward gave rise to the name Anargyri – without silver. They became known and loved locally for their selfless acts and affectionately known as saints. In the 19th century the waters were properly analyzed and did indeed contain health-giving minerals. Now the new luxury spa will offer a variety of treatment rooms and therapies many involving the sulphur water which rises naturally nearby in this tranquil setting. Ayii Anargyri has something unique. From the Cyprus hillside, a mineral-rich spring carries the soothing waters renowned for generations for their healing qualities. This remarkable stream has been channeled to the new spa where it is combined in numerous treatments now advanced by modern science. The waters are beneficial for joint or muscle discomfort and some circulatory problems. The therapies are natural and non invasive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Hotel Miliou
- Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa Cyprus/Miliou