“Location, Location, Location + Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
33% Off room rate
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Porters
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Location, Location, Location + Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont for 9 days in April and wow what a great time we had, to start with its all about the location and this hotel has that in abundance.

We decided to book the hotel pick up service from the airport so were greeted just off the airplane by Sophia, she whisked us through a special immigration lane, straight to our bags then off to the resort, I would highly recommend doing this as it saves about 20 minutes on arrival.

We booked a junior suite ground floor room. On arrival to the hotel the greeting could not have been better, the staff on reception were lovely and we were offered complimentary drinks throughout the check in process, we were then taken to our room. The suite was lovely but the main point was that the room looked directly onto the sea, when we opened the rooms double door we saw our own deck area with two deck chairs then only 50 feet ahead of us was the lovely blue sea!! Wow - within 20 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were completely relaxed, swim suits on and swimming in the warm sea, just amazing.

For the next 9 days we had a great time.

Our main room butler was called Dawn, she was a complete star and a real asset to the hotel, she booked all our table reservations for us, she recommended that we hired a car for the day which we did and she booked a 5 hour cruise for us on the highly recommended Silver Moon catamaran. I have written separate reviews on all the restaurants (The Cliff, Daphne's, Tides, Cariba, Cin Cin) and on the silver moon, take a look. Dawn is lovely and pops over regularly to check everything is ok.

The breakfasts in the hotel are great, lots of selections, plenty of fresh fruit and again amazing service. We were served every day by Stephen Jackman (we nicknamed him james), such a nice and friendly man who has been at the hotel for 25 years, he looked after us really well for breakfast and lunch. Other breakfast and lunch staff who were just brilliant were Joyce, Lucette and Andre.

During the day we would lounge around on our deck chairs or on deck chairs by the ocean, there were two staff who served us with drinks and gave us cold towels and smoothies during the day, they were Jannel and Janelle, these girls are in the right job, exceptional service and great fun, always smiling.

We ate in the hotel restaurant only twice in the evenings because of the live entertainment, the evening food is very average but the entertainment brilliant, we enjoyed making the most of the hotel during the day then getting out for a new experience in the evening.

We have to say that our room was kept in an immaculate state throughout our stay, now that's down to our most fantastic room maid Moreece, she was lovely with nothing being too much trouble.

During our stay we spoke to the very professional hotel manager Tyagi, we mentioned all our positive points and also the fact that the hotel only has a tiny gym and no spa!! He assured us that both these points are going to be addressed in the near future which is great news.

The concierge desk in reception is constantly manned and will deal with any booking or questions. We were generally served by the lovely Charlene, what a nice young lady, nothing is too much trouble.

To conclude we had an amazing 9 days holiday, the hotel is all about location and the staff, both of these are 5 star. Thank you Fairmont, we will return next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalPavilionHotel, General Manager at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Jonip 1966:

Thanks for the great review and taking the time to detail your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday with us! I particularly appreciate you taking the time to mention Dawn our Butler, Stephen Jackman, Joyce, Lucette, Andre from our F&B team, Jannell & Janelle on the beach, Moreece with Housekeeping, Tyagi our Director of Operations and of course Charlene at the Concierge. I will pass on your praises to them all!

We are working to improve the hotel on every level and are passionate about being the best we can be… I very much appreciate your feedback to assist us in doing so, thank you!

Please let me know if there is ever any way I may be of service.

Wayne R. Kafcsak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were looking for a short, romantic getaway when we booked the Fairmont for our first trip to Barbados. By the time we got out of the airport, rented a car, ate dinner and finally reached the hotel at night, we were pretty much exhausted. However, the instant we pulled up to the doors of the Fairmont and someone offered to park our car and bring in our luggage, we were transported to a beautiful dream. The ceiling fans and the lighting in the lobby had a calming effect. I walked to the counter and just said my name. The cheerful girl working behind the desk asked us to sit and get comfortable in the most friendliest way. She quickly got us fresh fruit punches and we filled out a form chatting with her like she was family. Now that I think back to that evening, I wonder exactly how someone can be this friendly to complete strangers. I wish I had it in me as well!
She walked us up to our room, telling us a little bit about the property. Our room was gorgeous. Big, bright and airy. I cannot think of anything at all in the room that needed to be corrected/changed. Soon enough I realized I had forgotten to bring my cell phone charger with me. We went back downstairs and asked if it would be possible to maybe borrow a spare Samsung charger. This time we met Jamshed Lateef behind the desk, another charming and extremely helpful man. He somehow arranged a charger for my phone, but I had to leave it at the office to be charged. I was a little worried doing that. New place. New city. And my Samsung Galaxy phone was just brand new then. However, my husband advised that I should not be worried at all. He was right.
Staying at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion reminded me of the Genie from Aladdin's magic lamp. No matter what you need and at whatever time of day or night, all you have to do is ask at the front desk and they will do it for you. Somehow or the other. The same exceptional level of service is maintained throughout the resort - at the door, water sports, restaurants.
It's not that the staff are the only positive aspect of this place. The grounds are immaculate in this courtyard hotel. The water is right there so you can go to sleep at night listening to the waves crashing incessantly. The complimentary water sport activities are great fun - our catamaran cruise was one of the highlights of our stay. The buffet breakfast at Cafe Taboras was excellent, more because of the stunning views it offered than anything else. I used to just sit there and look out at the sea and ask to take photos and almost forget to eat at all. We didn't eat at the other restaurant though.

The Fairmont Royal Pavilion is a truly magical place where every single person will greet you with the broadest and warmest smile. Next time we go there we will make sure to spend most of our time at the hotel, walking the beautiful gardens and enjoying the water activities. There really is not much reason to venture out to do anything else if you are seeking rest and relaxation (and if you have seen the island before). We would totally go back in a heartbeat. I just wish I could remember the names of all the people I met at the hotel!

Room Tip: Stayed at a second floor room with balcony. Wouldn't bother to pay more for the ground floor roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ShababSaad:

What an eloquently written review… I look forward so sharing your great comments with our entire staff. Our location, service, and people do make our "little piece of paradise" like a dream.

The people of Barbados are some of the friendliest in the Caribbean and our team at Royal Pavilion is the best I have ever worked with. I thought your comment on feeling like you were speaking to family truly said it correctly; it’s a sincere feeling that comes across here at RPV.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if I may ever be of service.

Thank you!

Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Fairmont Royal Pavillion was everything we desired for a perfectly relaxing holiday. Beautiful bedrooms with stunning Ocean views set around the gorgeous fragrant gardens full of pretty flowers and shrubs. The staff was extremely attentive, polite and courteous. The beach was quiet and the service of the beach staff was excellent especially Janelle and Jamaine, who looked after us very well. The breakfast served at the Palm Terrace Restaurant was superb with a great selection each morning and the afternoon Tea was a real treat not to be missed. A short walk along the beach where your find Jo Jo café where she cooked the best fried flying fish and if you get a Jet Ski be sure to ask for Charlie with the red Jet Ski was amazing fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie C:

Thank you for your great review, I will pass on your compliments to Janelle and Jamaine. I look forward to seeing you back in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont for 10 nights an returned last Friday. We couldn't recommend this hotel more. The setting, the rooms and the layout was perfect. The most outstanding part of our stay was the staff in the hotel. Never before have I felt so welcome in a hotel; we were made to feel part of a community and while I would like to mention individual names of the people that helped us so perfectly, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. During our stay,w e had our 3 year old and our 6 year old son's birthdays. The manager of the hotel made a trip, on both occasions, to the local shopping centre to buy them a gift. I have been lucky to stay in some amazing hotels in my time, including the local infamous Sandy Lane. They are all shadowed by the ambience and quality of service shown by the Fairmont. Others could learn a lot from this hotel. I couldn't recommend it more and believe it not, I'm not easily pleased!

Room Tip: If you can, go for a ground floor room, they are more expensive, but your terrace leads onto the bea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jonbell 1975:

I appreciate it is hard to mention only a few of our great employees when there are so many who do a wonderful job… I assure you I will pass on your comments to all!

Indeed there are bigger, newer, fancier hotels in the Caribbean but few have the heart & soul of The Fairmont Royal Pavilion (much less our outstanding location). I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dover, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been reading the reviews of the Fairmont Royal Pavilion in Barbados. I was surprised as I thought I had reviewed this property last year at this time but I must have dreamed it. In any event, my wife and I, our three daughters, and a young friend of our daughters owe a huge debt of gratitude to the staff and management of this resort. We were essentially stranded in Barbados after one of our daughters suffered an injury while sailing in the Grenadines. The staff scrambled to find us rooms. They couldn't have been better to us. We stayed there for some two weeks - and loved every minute of it. The food was fresh and prepared with care, the beach is perfect and we made liberal use of the floating raft, the pool was always clean and well-attended. The attention to detail went beyond the accommodations and food, however. All of the staff went out of their way to help us. One of the managers became concerned at the progress we were making with the physician supplied by the charter company and politely suggested that we seek a second opinion from a doctor that he recommended - a moved which indeed saved the day. Thanks, Simon. To make a long story short, the staff went the extra yard, the facilities and food were splendid, and we are looking to return. Oh - and the afternoon tea served outside between pool and beach is amazing!

Room Tip: Beachfront in building beyond the restaurant - 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RoyalPavilionHotel, General Manager at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello NH Family5:

Thank you for the review, even though you visited last year I believe you would find the same great staff as when you visited. As you read through Trip Advisor positing you note the same positive theme continues to reoccur: Our staff is known for going the extra mile! I am very glad we were able to help with your daughter and will pass on your comment to our team.

Our F&B team has continued to improve since your last visit, as well as the maids & pool & beach team keeping the resort and rooms looking great. We do hope to see the NH Family5 family back here on Barbados soon!

Plymouth, Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

On arrival I was impressed at the politeness of staff as a regular to the island you live off the relaxed and happy vibe the islanders give to all its visitors. I was show to my beach front view and the first thing that stuck me was the beautiful beach. Now the west coast has the best beaches for children as the waves are softer and this is the best bit of beach I have stayed on. I ate breakfast
, lunch in the restaurant and poolside and dinner and honestly can not fault the service nor the selection on the menu's. we ate out to keep the stay varied but if you didn't want to venture out which hometown is ten minutes down the road you wouldn't have to. The rooms were clean and homely. Pool great...fresh towels all day. Children are generally welcome at Xmas so please remember this when booking but I will defo go back. All free wi if if you need to do work in the room or have a child wanting to watch a carton. I can recommend the flying fish sandwich. The hotel has a couple of shops and a lovely shoe shop so be careful if you have a show weakness. Enjoy your stay if you visit the island. Make sure you venture out as there is so many great places....a real home from home and I guess that is why we always go back. Great for couples of all ages, families and those that would need easy access as there is good amount of ground floor room.

Room Tip: The sea view is worth selecting as the balcony in the evening is great to watch the sunset. We had t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Princess La La:

Thank you for the comments, particularly as a regular visitor to the island. I agree, in addition to our polite staff (who does have a great vibe) our location is remarkable… All of our Jr. Suites and Ocean View rooms are right on the beach!

I appreciate your views concerning breakfast, lunch and dinner here being of good quality and indeed, Holetown is nearby with a number of great dining options. Our flying fish is some of the freshest on the island; we are proud to serve the Barbados National dish!

Royal Pavilion has become very kid friendly during the summer and seasonal break periods in the last few years; we have some very good family programs. There are times (during the winter) we only allow children 10 years and up, so please do check with us to be sure of the dates!

I am glad you mentioned our shops: Gatsby’s, Diamonds International, our Sundry shop and Sass Salon provide great offerings and services right here in our resort. Additionally in my opinion the best shopping on Barbados is nearby at the new Limegrove Lifestyle Center, Chattel House Village, and other shops located in Holetown.

We look forward to seeing you back on “Bim” in the near future and Thank You for the comments!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Pavilion for 10 days before a cruise and this was our third stay at this hotel. It remains a very good place with a lovely beach, pool area, and the rooms are very well appointed. The bathroom require some updating but are fine by and large. We felt that the Palm restaurant, which we tended to avoid in the past as the cuisine was not so good, has now greatly improved and is worth a visit or two during any stay. The staff continue to be great and the service is of a very good standard. We would definitely recommend it for a great holiday in Barbados.

Room Tip: Thte suite on the ground floor are fine but only if you really want direct access to the beach. We p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Danial_London_11:

Thank you for returning to The Fairmont Royal Pavilion this year and I sincerely appreciate your observations. We are finding a number of visitors as yourselves visiting us for a substantial amount of time (more than a week) before or after a luxury cruise.

Many of our guests have commented on how significantly they feel our Food & Beverage program has improved over the last year, particularly in the Palm Terrace. In addition our Taboras restaurant is now open nightly with our new Al Forno menu and theme nights including Bajan, Bistro, and Italian themed evenings. Barbados is still the best island in the Caribbean to experience amazing restaurants (we are the only island in the Caribbean with our own Zagat guide) however our offerings at the resort give good reason never to leave! We have much in store in the upcoming months; our chefs continue to refine our menus and source new local ingredients.

Thanks for mentioning our staff, truly our best asset!

Hope to see you again soon:

Wayne R. Kafcsak

Been to Fairmont Royal Pavilion? Share your experiences!